PDA

View Full Version : 05 YFZs

spincr4hire
06-16-2004, 07:05 AM
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products/unitgallery/1/atv/1/323/yamaha_yfz450.aspx

southbeach14
06-16-2004, 07:38 AM
i'm going to trade in my seat for a new one:)

Wayne64SS
06-16-2004, 07:55 AM
ANY NEWS AS TO WHETHER YAMMY FIXED THE MANY ELECTRICAL ISSUES FOR 05??? ANY OTHER UPDATES BESIDES THE DAMN SEAT? LEANIN TOWARDS A 450R AT THIS POINT

Out_Sider
06-16-2004, 11:00 AM
That is the UGLIEST yfz i've ever seen.. wtf were they thinking when they made that bumble bee?? :( :confused:

spincr4hire
06-16-2004, 12:06 PM
I kinda like it, at least it stands out from the others...

thump4863
06-16-2004, 01:05 PM
I like it....I like a lot better than the all black ones.

06-16-2004, 01:17 PM
That black frame would look sick with black plastic.

daddio
06-16-2004, 01:50 PM
I think it looks great. My kid and I were just talking about making our yfz yellow and black to give it that "retro" yamaha look. this is it!!!!!!

Out_Sider
06-16-2004, 02:27 PM
i would have liked to seen white plastic with blue frame, and black plastic with red frame

daddio
06-16-2004, 02:46 PM
They also put on alm. shifter and brake pedal and "softer" grip seat for '05. all else is the same as '04.

Pvt. Maggot
06-16-2004, 03:08 PM
if they would have left out the white it would look good...i like that old yamaha look..nice.

daddio
06-16-2004, 03:51 PM
NOTE: the picture shown is the LE edition. the normal models are still blue with silver frame and white with red frame.

Pvt. Maggot
06-16-2004, 05:53 PM
i'm pretty sure everyone knew but good job for tryin lol..

Splatter Matter
06-16-2004, 07:37 PM
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/accessories/assets/250/GYT-5TG24-00-BL-250.jpg

this is what i like 4.2 gallon tank. I found it under the plastic page

Kennethyfz450
06-17-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Wayne64SS
ANY NEWS AS TO WHETHER YAMMY FIXED THE MANY ELECTRICAL ISSUES FOR 05??? ANY OTHER UPDATES BESIDES THE DAMN SEAT? LEANIN TOWARDS A 450R AT THIS POINT

get the 450r yamaha has been known for electical problems in almost everything i can think of... raptor warrior big bear... you either get a good one or you dont.. hopefully i got a good one..

as far as the updates yamaha didnt really need to update much..
the seat was a plus to keep everyone from complaining..

compared to the 450r yamaha should have kept it the same as last years.. because honda didnt change a darn thing either but some bold new graphics

the se looks sweet but reminds me of the z 400 le

Kennethyfz450
06-17-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Wayne64SS

get the 450r yamaha has been known for electical problems in almost everything i can think of... raptor warrior big bear... you either get a good one or you dont.. hopefully i got a good one..

as far as the updates yamaha didnt really need to update much..
the seat was a plus to keep everyone from complaining..

compared to the 450r yamaha should have kept it the same as last years.. because honda didnt change a darn thing either but some bold new graphics

the se looks sweet but reminds me of the z 400 le

REDRIDER7
06-17-2004, 08:42 AM
So, the rumor about the 2005's being a true 450cc isn't true? I've held off buying a new quad to see what changes they've made. I too think that blue plastic w/ red frame, white plastic and blue grahics w/ blue frame and all black with red frame would look good.

For those of you who own a YFZ 450 how does it trail ride and hill climb? Is it geared too tall? If so does running a smaller front sprocket help a lot? Also what mods have you done or recommend to do to get more torque? I've heard of retarding the exhaust cam, what do you think of this? Finally, what's the top 3 woods pipes?

daddio
06-17-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Kennethyfz450

What "electrical" problems. my battery went dead, but I left the key on for 2 weeks. everybody I ride/race with hasn't had any problems other than normal routine maintence. or a problem because of lack of maintence.
the trx450r is also a nice bike, but how much are you willing to spend on the motor to get it to just keep up with a yfz. the only 450r that has pulled me on a straight is Eichner. and I think he had alot of work done to his motor. I weigh 100lbs more than most people I race with and my yfz motor is stock except the sparks pipe, air cleaner and re-jetting.
the yfz is a good "woods" and trail bike (with stock gearing) once you forget it's a four stroke and ride it more like a 250r than a 400ex.

Kennethyfz450
06-17-2004, 12:08 PM
its no biggie daddio more less just rider abuse.. a boy down the road has a raptor and its hard to start so anyways he just holds the button till it cranks.. and wonders why he already replaced the starter twice :eek:

also a friend with a warrior he kept having grounding issues like i said no biggie..

i had electrical issues with my 400ex and its a HONDA

the yfz should be known as hill climbing king.. its so easy to climb a hill on this bike it has the power and it stays in it when you going up.. and the front end does not come up.. . . step banks its no trouble at all.. i hit my front bumper a few times on hills and it threw dirt in my face and still made it up somehow.. anybody with any kind of talent of climbing hills would love this bike..

daddio
06-17-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Kennethyfz450
the yfz should be known as hill climbing king.. its so easy to climb a hill on this bike it has the power and it stays in it when you going up.. and the front end does not come up.. . . step banks its no trouble at all.. i hit my front bumper a few times on hills and it threw dirt in my face and still made it up somehow.. anybody with any kind of talent of climbing hills would love this bike..
you are sooooooooooo right. in the dunes I rode the crap out of my kids yfz and left the banshee back at camp, because the yfz climed out of all the "idiot" holes even better than my 'shee.