PDA

View Full Version : Budds Creek Quad MX 6/18 & 19

400exvet
06-16-2004, 06:52 AM
I would like to race the Quad MX at Budds Creek this Saturday. Do I have to race Friday also? I am from the XC world and I can't race on Sunday. I don't know much about the MX schedule or why you race two days. Hopefully, I can just show up on Saturday and enter a "C" class, have fun, do well and go home. What time should I plan on getting there and about what time does it finish up? Thanks for any help!

Scottie Mac
06-16-2004, 07:22 AM
Are you sure there is a quad MX race this weekend? I thought this weekend was the bike National? Could be wrong, but you might want to call and check for sure.

Scott

greghall
06-16-2004, 07:25 AM
Doug you are going to hurt yourself:devil: stay off the MX track,the nationals are this weekend,I don't think they are racing quads this weekend,they really downsized the program this year.+ it would cost a arm & a leg to get in & race!!!!

400exvet
06-16-2004, 08:50 AM
thanks for the encouragement greg:D I don't do too bad on a MX track...if I must say so myself! I was actually thinking about breaking out the 450R. I should have the twist by then...all the other XC goodies won't be needed. I raced a few times at Seaford back in the old days on the 250X.
The Nationals are on Sunday.
Between district 7 schedule and Budds Creek schedule, it looks like they are racing regular MX and Supercross on Friday and Saturday and that includes quads. Are nerf bars mandatory? Maybe I could rig a 400EX set on the R for now? Later

greghall
06-16-2004, 08:54 AM
I think you need nerfs for MX look at the rules on the distrct 7 site. I'm pretty sure you need them.

cletusEX
06-16-2004, 01:38 PM
Good luck Doug. There is nothing wrong with mixing in a little mx. I've found it helps in some of the more wide open tracks and also those that run a mix of mx and xc. I was thinking about hitting up Budds Creek this weekend but now I think i'm gonna go up to Tomahawk that way i can go play on the mx track and also get some good practice in on there hs loop. Have fun man!