PDA

View Full Version : painting hubs

mrnate400ex
06-16-2004, 12:07 AM
anybody painted their hubs?? i know that you can powdercoat them, but has anybody spray painted them and then clear coated them?? i hate my red hubs, but don't have the money for aftermarket ones and don't want to have to powdercoat them. if you have spray painted them, did you have to remove the bearings?? let me know what you did to do it right. i don't want to mess anything up!!!

dynofox
06-16-2004, 06:57 PM
When I had my 350X I painted the rear hubs blue. Just pull them off and clean them really well. Use masking tape and cover all the studs so you don't get paint in the treads. You can also cover the head of the studs on the other side of the hub. I used some gray primer and then a few coats of blue spray paint and they held up great. Would have looked even better with some clear I bet.

JrdSHIFT450r
06-18-2004, 10:28 AM
when i built my jrd we just put masking tape over the bearings just to fit around them tahn spray painted em black wit about 3 coats and a clear coat looks great if done right and still lasts 5 nationals later

muff
06-18-2004, 12:59 PM
my friend painted the hubs on his raptor...looks good. i would rough sand it first and make sure they are clean, and tape up the bearings and whatnot