PDA

View Full Version : 1987 Tecate with 315 Stroker Motor

sneaky
06-15-2004, 10:46 PM
My friend has a 87 Tecate that he just finished putting back together after putting over 1400.00 in the motor and got to ride it for 5 mins before someone else rearended him and wrecking both of them. The wreck cracked the plastic around the gas tank on the left side, and layed the handle bars back, broke the stop-run switch, and the clamp that holds the clutch lever to the handle bars. He wants to sell it cause this wreck has scared him and his wife. He had just finished putting the tecate back together May 28th and was planning on riding with us May 29th, but the ride didn't last over 5 mins before the wreck. He had a Kawi mechanic that has been building motors for racing dirtbikes for over 25 years build this motor for him and it was built for one thing, and that was drag racing. Motor was just bored out to a 315 stroker that dyno's at 63 HP. Everything inside the motor is brand new, no cost was spared. It even has titaium power valves, barnett clutch with titium coated disc, V-Force Rad Valve, and had just been ported and polished with machining of the head as well. All new bearings and seals throughout the quad as well. And alot more I am sure I am forgetting so if you have any questions please respond back and I will get the answers your looking for. It has Maxxis Raz'rs front and rear and douglas alum. wheels, and new front and rear sprockets. He is asking 2800.00 OBO as is. The tecate is at my house in Covington Georgia and would prefer the buyer to be local or pick it up. Not for the unexperinced riders because this quad is fast. The motor has 10 mins max on it so it will need to be broken in before riding.

Click this link for Pics that where taken in March of this year, since then he has painted the frame Kawi Green, and totally redone the motor.
http://community.webshots.com/user/atv_nut

sneaky
07-27-2004, 10:16 PM
It's gone, a guy left with it in the back of his truck today.