PDA

View Full Version : Ac Racing Skids

warrior369
06-15-2004, 10:27 PM
Just wondering what people think about AC racing skids. I had a 2004 blaster and they held up alright, but recently when i moved to a warrior a brand new ac swingarm skid was bent all up after just 2 XC races. the full body/belly skid works fine.

06-16-2004, 07:08 AM
My standard AC skid didn't last too long at all.

My PRM skid has been abused and still holdin up..:cool:

k2-dawg
06-16-2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Rico
My standard AC skid didn't last too long at all.

My PRM skid has been abused and still holdin up..:cool:

TC426EX
06-16-2004, 10:17 AM
AC chassis skids RULE since they wrap around and up the front. The swingarm skids SUCK!!! Mine didnt line up right, and after I drilled out the holes so they lined up it didnt take much abuse. Within 2 months the side that goes under the rotor was bent up into the rotor. I bent it back about 70 times and then just let all the bolts rattle out and let it fall off. Screw that thing, DO NOT get a swingarm skid from them, but I would reccomend the chassis one....

sparky450AR
06-17-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by TC426EX
AC chassis skids RULE since they wrap around and up the front. The swingarm skids SUCK!!! Mine didnt line up right, and after I drilled out the holes so they lined up it didnt take much abuse. Within 2 months the side that goes under the rotor was bent up into the rotor. I bent it back about 70 times and then just let all the bolts rattle out and let it fall off. Screw that thing, DO NOT get a swingarm skid from them, but I would reccomend the chassis one....

The only full body's that i havent seen wrap around the front, are the UM.

cdalejef
06-18-2004, 10:42 AM
AC = :( PRM = :macho

FF1O5
06-18-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by TC426EX

same here,do not get an AC swingarm skid...mine bent every time i went riding and the weld cracked.the chasis skids i do like though...and they are lightweight

Pvt. Maggot
06-18-2004, 01:13 PM
prm has to be the best swingarm skid i think...my bro has one on his 400 and that things a monster! nothings hurting those things :devil:

sparky450AR
06-18-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by FF1O5
same here,do not get an AC swingarm skid...mine bent every time i went riding and the weld cracked.the chasis skids i do like though...and they are lightweight

I would also reccomend the DG baja, very nice full body skid.

Tommy 17
06-18-2004, 05:12 PM
i bent my ac racing rear skid plate on the 1st ride:o

redroost85
06-18-2004, 08:47 PM
I got the DG Baja belly skid and am suprised how much chit it has taken on a year's worth of mx racing. So far so good!;)

M300ex03
06-19-2004, 07:20 AM
I have had my dg baja's on for 3 years now and they have never bent or cracked when i am racing xc