PDA

View Full Version : Creek Riding

400 EX FREAK
06-15-2004, 09:16 PM
hey, here is a advice about creek riding, never ride in it on a Little Honda XR 80, i did and i went half way through the creek and got stuck, it wasn't very hard getting it out but i was so wet and muddy,the next day i went in the creek on my dads kawasaki prarie 360, i went through the creek good but then i met this drop off , the drop wasn't very big, only about a 1 1/2 ft drop off, i got stuck in it but the problem was getting out cuz the quad was so damn heavy, i finally got it out but it wasn't easy, well their is my story, now every share some of ur stories about creek riding:)

TheFontMaster
06-15-2004, 09:35 PM
This one creek by me is f'n gnarly. I've never tried it, and I would never try it with a 2 wheel drive quad. It's a deep river, not creek RIVER, and there are masive rocks all over the place. And then if you make it across there is a hill that u have to climb, it is about 70 ft high and steep, with about a 10 ft runway of straight land before it goes up.

300ex_honda
06-15-2004, 10:31 PM
I hit this creek up leading into a lake this weekend on my new 400ex and i thought i was only about bumper height until it dropped up to the handel bars, damn that thing ended being deep, i just layed the throttle to it and good thing the bike is so light it practicaly floatted and got out no problem.

Note: Watch out for huge *** rocks.

YFZ450Ridr
06-18-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_honda
I hit this creek up leading into a lake this weekend on my new 400ex and i thought i was only about bumper height until it dropped up to the handel bars, damn that thing ended being deep, i just layed the throttle to it and good thing the bike is so light it practicaly floatted and got out no problem.

Note: Watch out for huge *** rocks.

LOL, ever since i put a huge dent in my front rim i watch out for rocks to :D

reconmaster
07-13-2004, 09:01 AM
The worst creek crossin was @ a trail called lakefoot rd and its a huge down hill trail then a lil crossin by the beach then a lil hill climb with lots of tree roots 1 that reall sticks out and a big rock u have 2 get over and usually u have 2 have ur buds push u so u can make it with out flippin or havin 2 back up and it was like -14c below out and me the guys went up 2 the mountain 4 a good ol trail ride and we were @ the trail all of us made it up but i wanted 2 go up the hill climb again and a tree root was stickin out do 2 us spinin on it and it poped out and after somany times tryin 2 get up and gettin stuck in the hole from the tree root when rollin back wards i put her on the side got up a few seconds l8r and the boys got her up 4 me and oh was it ever freezin in that lil bit of water.

logan
07-13-2004, 03:29 PM
i have some pretty hairy trails myself, i have on that i call the root bank, its about 5 or 6 foot tall and it's pretty dang steep and it takes some juice to get up it.............i climb it on my 250ex, but i ride them trails about every day so i think i should be able to do it

Superfast450r
07-13-2004, 03:38 PM
I know this is waay off topic but do u know how much oil u put in the xr80

logan
07-13-2004, 03:50 PM
ya a little, anyways, oh probly a quort n'1/2

diesel-mech
07-13-2004, 11:55 PM
My worste creek experiance was racing an enduro on my dirtbike. I was on the 20'th minute so the trails were pretty ripped up. I came to a creek crossing with a steep bank on the other side. It was already very sloppy and almost unclimbable. I looked for a clean route and found a nice spot beside a small tree growing from the bank, but there was a branch blocking my path. I headed for the tree hard on the gas. My plan wise to duck under the branch while climbing the bank but just before I got under the branch my front tire hit a rock which made my head jerk back. My viser caught the branch and pulled it into my face. I almost fell off my bike and in my attemp to regain control I pinned the throttle. Now the branch was ripping across my face. To bad I had chucked my goggles earlier in the race! Oddly pinning the throttle helped because I barley made it up the bank on the 1st try (cursing like a sailor). When it was all over with I learned that the little tree was a little THORN TREE!!!:mad: I pulled a thorn out of my forehead 1/4" long! no joke it went straight in!:eek2: I had to squeeze it out like a zit!:huh

rancher 350 kid
03-20-2006, 02:26 PM
my friend has a 4x4 300 fourtrax with bald tires it goes good in the creek:cool:

rancher 350 kid
03-20-2006, 02:30 PM
i have a 03 rancher 350 all stock ive had it up to the racks before it made it out though but i had to pull my friend out of the other side

4punksdad
03-25-2006, 12:30 AM

mxdad
03-25-2006, 02:15 AM
I ride a lot of creeks on my Eiger 400 4x4. My son has to hug the edges but he takes them on his Predator 90 too.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i168/Carbaughs/IMG_4373.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i168/Carbaughs/IMG_4368.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i168/Carbaughs/IMG_4365.jpg

jdboy
03-25-2006, 05:49 AM
One of the roughest creek trails I've rode was trail 12 (think that's the number) at Coal Creek. It's in and out of the creek for somthing like four miles. Made me glad I was one my bike and not the quad that day. The creek was really up!

4punksdad
03-25-2006, 11:59 PM
cool pics mxdad...............share more pics as often as possible.

I'll add another.

4punksdad
03-26-2006, 12:13 AM
ok....maybe one more :)

03-27-2006, 05:45 PM
my friend jvd 182 did some creek riding
he got stuck upsidedown in a creek after rolling down a hill

and then
he broke his collarbone
so later on me nad my friend did some winter creek boating.
we were high, we sunk it.
and my other buddy went overboard
and this is a new york winter.

4punksdad
03-28-2006, 08:14 AM
this is my idea of creek riding :)