PDA

View Full Version : To extend or not to extend, that is the question?

300ex_dude
03-25-2002, 01:20 PM
Should I get extended A-arms, swingarm, and axle if I buy shocks? Yes or No? How much more travel will I get and smooth will the ride be? Is it worth the money? Should I just get shocks for now and other things later? Please help!! Any other info would be great!! Thanx:confused:

03-25-2002, 01:44 PM
extended a arms, alxe, and swingarm are only worth it if you are going to race. You will get more travel because there is a greater distance outward between stock and extended. i don't think the ride will be much different that is all up to your suspension. but definately don't get it if you recreation woods ride only get them if you are going to race

trx400ex
03-25-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by #1250xRiDeR
extended a arms, alxe, and swingarm are only worth it if you are going to race. You will get more travel because there is a greater distance outward between stock and extended. i don't think the ride will be much different that is all up to your suspension. but definately don't get it if you recreation woods ride only get them if you are going to race

regular extended aarms dont give more travel,,,,,you have to get the longtravel kind

Nausty
03-25-2002, 03:30 PM
Yeah it would a little bit just like a-arms wouldn't it?

trx400ex
03-25-2002, 04:56 PM
there are 16 and 19 inch shocks,, alot of aftermarket shocks increaes travel over stock shocks by an inch or so, but aarms will not increase travel unless you go with the lobo untis, houser LT, leager protrax?, and gibson maybe....but those are at least 300$ more than just plus 2 standard geometry