PDA

View Full Version : I wanna start cross county racing any tips advice

recklessmotox
06-15-2004, 08:28 PM
:( I wanna start cross county racing but i need help i live in md i dont know whjere the amature races are i donno what i should or have to do to my 250. i have alot of experience trail rideing and through mud bogs im very determine to start
:devil: Sam

warrior369
06-15-2004, 10:31 PM
Not that im experienced at all, thats for sure, but I started XC racing this year for the first time. With not much experience i got my new 2004 BLASTER and headed to a local race. I live in WV so early in the season it was like 25 degrees and snowing. It was horrible but i got 6th out of 10. I definatly just say go to a race and race to your limits and see how it goes from there. Make sure to have full skid plates and rear holeshots are a must. hope it helps.

Tarrat 103
06-15-2004, 10:37 PM
"yea"

don't cut the track

stop at all bottle necks, and just sit:rolleyes:

stay away from all utility riders...especially the one named "Stakk" wear'n a pink skirt...

do not enter the four stroke stock class (too much controversy)

and when Harlan or Pappy takes your pix, make sure your styyyyl'n.......
:devil:
"Really" the GNCC / XC racing is some the best racing, good people, and allot more bang for the buck than MX......

you can start here ... GNCC (http://www.gnccracing.com/frameset.htm)

and I'm sure others here will give you some real impute......:cool:

batgeek
06-15-2004, 10:46 PM
go fast.

toby400ex
06-15-2004, 11:38 PM
Being calm during a race got my my best finish yet. A good reliable quad doesnt hurt either.

joshyz125
06-16-2004, 04:00 PM
pace yourself.

Don't ride 100%, you'll hit alot of trees
ride about 80%, You'll be more consistant, and last A LOT LONGER

And the more you race the better you'll get