PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Question

Quadzilla
06-15-2004, 07:19 PM
Hi all,

I was trying to take off my factory rev box on my 99 416EX and install my GT Thunder Box. The harness has never been off and it's stuck on pretty good. I'm not sure if I'm taking it off properly. Do you push the tab that is sticking up in towards the CDI or outward away from it to free the wiring harness from the CDI (and then pull the harness away from the CDI while doing one of the two of course)? I don't want to F up the harness or CDI if possible. Thanks much!

chucked
06-15-2004, 07:33 PM
Try pushing the harness together (to relieve pressure) and then pulling the tab away from the harness.

Quadzilla
06-15-2004, 08:37 PM
Thank man. Well it turned out that they had to be pushed in, towards the CDI. GT Thunder box up and operational! Can't wait to try it out! My friend on his piped (CT Racing full system), jetted and Dyna Ignition Z400 wants to try to take me this weekend. I beat him last weekend on pavement by 3+ bike lengths but he claims that it was to him starting in 2nd. Hell, I started in 1st both times, wheelied and had to let off for a sec. 2nd may be the way to go for me too. I hope the GT box me more because my new motor hits the stock limiter real fast, especially in gears 1 - 3. Really feels like it wants to make power past the stock rev limiter when it just get cut off by it.

TC426EX
06-15-2004, 08:49 PM
Youll love that rev kit man its the BOMB!! Better acceleration and more revs = one pissed off z400 owner...