PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with Tim FARR???

TC426EX
06-15-2004, 04:38 PM
Man, its so hard to watch Tim far be in like 5 th place right now. He is one of my favorite riders and I love watching him duke it out with gust and jones all the time. It seems like he holeshots every race and moto but manages to lose a couple places by the end of the race this year. He was down to second for a while in points but after a bad finish at the lincoln GNC he is at like 5th. What's the deal?? The 450R is obvously fast enough to win, since he is holeshotting all day long, and he is a fast enough rider to win, and has the best mechanic, so what doesnt add up here??? I am happy for gust too, Im glad hes gonna walk away with the championship this year, but Im always pulling for Tim to clinch another one. Hopefully Tim can at least win the TT championship this year to add to his stadium title. Shane Hitt is out so he has a great chance, besides the fact he started in TT and is a TT master!! Who else is pulling for Tim, and notices some problems here?

JRDrider22
06-15-2004, 04:50 PM
i dont know its whack. i thinks its becuase hes doing too much behind the scenes, ya know. its not like last year. this year hes testing things out, and it kinda of seems like fooling around as a pro. i dont know its weird. whats been going on with jones too?

Out_Sider
06-15-2004, 05:30 PM
my favorite racer is Jeremiah Jones and he had those 2 bad races, but then came back and won at the last race in casey. i seem to think farr isn't concentrating as much as he should..Jones is dedicated to his racing, but those 2 races he just was out of whack. but i expect to see Jones pull off more wins by the end of the series

06-15-2004, 06:04 PM
Farr is doing testing for Honda but it's on the Pro national race level...:o He's working to make the honda 450's that are on the showroom floor better. When it's been perfected, he'll concentrate on winning. I"m not a big Timmy Farr fan but the dude is fast, professional and is a living legend in ATV motocross.

Jeremia hasn't got the feel for the thumper yet. He races at a track here in KY and I seen him race the sparks honda 450F hybrid quad 2 years ago and he just wasn't the same as he was on the 250R. He even stated he didn't like the power delivery. This year has offered big changes in ATV racing and once all the big dogs get them thumpers dialed in, watch out...:macho

Same thing is going on in the GNCC series besides Billy Ballance of course but things will get back to normal.

PS.. I"m also a JJ fan and always will be. I've watched him race locally for 5 years and he is amazing. But to see Gust win so many races this year I'm more amazed at what he's doing right now than what JJ did for the last 3 years..

K_Fulk
06-15-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by TC426EX
Hopefully Tim can at least win the TT championship this year to add to his stadium title. Shane Hitt is out so he has a great chance, besides the fact he started in TT and is a TT master!!

If he races all of them like he did at orrville, he isnt going to have any problem doing that

300exOH
06-15-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by K_Fulk
If he races all of them like he did at orrville, he isnt going to have any problem doing that

No kidding. Not one quad was able to keep up with him. I don't think 5th place is too bad considering the competition. Give him time to get the 450R dialed in.

popo
06-16-2004, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Rico

But to see Gust win so many races this year I'm more amazed at what he's doing right now than what JJ did for the last 3 years..

Suzuki. Plus something to do with his training program.

TC426EX
06-16-2004, 01:43 PM
Eh, while doug IS winning on a suzuki, that is not the reason. His team support is great, and he has racing as a full time job now so hes getting even better. The fact hes riding a Z is definitely not why hes winning. He could win on a YFM80 moto 4.

PEPwalshZ440
06-16-2004, 02:09 PM
gust would win no matter what quad he was on