PDA

View Full Version : Which size to bore

400-416EX
06-15-2004, 04:37 PM
I am looking at boring my 400 to a 416 with a hot cam stage 2. Is this a reliable bore? I will be running an edelbrock carb bored for a 416, White Brothers W2 exhaust, rev limiter, and K&n Filter. I don't want to be wrenching all the time. Is this a good setup to get back into riding with. I will be riding trails and want to get back into racing MX.

TC426EX
06-15-2004, 04:44 PM
That is a super reliable bore you should have no problems if you do it correctly. For extended reliability you may want to Heli-coil your head studs or get a heavy duty stud kit from Eastcoast ATV. Im not sure if you would have a problem with head gaskets with a 416, but I blew 2 of them on my 426 before I got the stud kit. If youre going high compression I would at leats heli coil them to give you some peace of mind, but other than that, you should have a super reliable and FAST bike from the mods you listed above. Good luck with it, and youll want to get it ported down the line too to increase your performance.

400-416EX
06-15-2004, 06:20 PM
They are going to port and polish it when I drop off the motor, Will it need to be resleeved? I don't think it will but not sure. They will have it for the month of July I will be working. Cant wait till I get home and drop the motor back in and ride the heck out of it.
Thanks for the reply

cals400ex
06-15-2004, 07:47 PM
a new sleeve isn't a must until larger than a 426