PDA

View Full Version : '98 Yamaha Grizzly 600 (wrecked)

division
06-15-2004, 01:49 PM
Hey guys,

My brother hit 2 parked cars and basically totalled the machine. Whatever money I can get for this will go towards paying for the deductibles on those cars, the 2 tickets and towing & storage fees.

I'm not sure what's salvagable on the machine because I haven't gone through it so hopefully the pictures will tell the story. I will say there's a brand new rear differential in there that I just put in a month ago.

http://www.essensus.com/grizzly1.jpg

http://www.essensus.com/grizzly2.jpg

Make an offer: chris@essensus.com

I live in Long Grove, IL, about 45 minutes north of Chicago.

Feel free to ask any questions ... I'll try to answer them as best as I can. If you want pictures of a specific area or part I'll do what I can but please keep in mind I am trying to sell this ASAP.

Thanks for looking,
Chris

400exDuneman
06-15-2004, 02:06 PM
Does it run still? And are you willing to ship it?

division
06-15-2004, 05:35 PM
I haven't thought about shipping it anywhere, but the only way I could is if you paid for it ... I just don't have the money.

If you're still interested, let me know and I'll see about starting it. My guess is the motor is fine but I haven't tried running it since the accident. The transmission may be a different story...

Thanks,
Chris

rap169
06-15-2004, 05:47 PM
thats a little too much work for me, but good luck selling. What were the tickets if you dont mind me askin? Problay one was driving on the road or something. He had to be riding pretty fast. That is some major damage.

01_300ex
06-15-2004, 07:11 PM
Can you start it and see if it runs and goes good. Is the frame bent? Will it go into 4x4? And around how much are you looking to get for it.

division
06-15-2004, 07:28 PM
The tickets were for driving on the road and for failure to reduce speed. I figure he was doing about 40mph when he hit. He was thrown off into a nice soft spot in the mud after missing both cars, a tree and a 3ft brick wall. Lucky SOB.

01_300ex, the frame is definitely bent, and the front axle is toast. I'm hoping to get around $500 for it considering the differential costed me that much on its own and it's only a month old.

I'll get back to you on the other questions as soon as I can.

Thanks,
Chris

division
06-16-2004, 11:28 AM
The electric starter works and the motor runs fine. Oil is pouring out of the front differential (I think) so I shut it down after 10 seconds.

I forgot to mention the owner's manual and service manual will also come with the machine.

Thanks,
Chris

400exDuneman
06-16-2004, 11:45 AM
If I didn't have to ship it I would look into getting it. But I just can't afford to pay $500 for it and pay another $400-$500 to have it shipped. Just end up being into it for to much money by the time I got done straightening the frame, new a-arms, diff, etc.. and what ever else would need to be replaced. Thanks for getting back to me, sorry to see your ride ruined and good luck selling.

division
06-16-2004, 01:35 PM
No problem man. Thanks for the well-wishes.

haydug
06-17-2004, 07:34 PM
Will you deliver to Indy?? 304-675-3027
I will pay for your gas if the price is right.

division
06-17-2004, 11:18 PM
That's a fair offer but unfortunately that's a pretty far drive. It might be an option if I can't find a buyer closer to home, though, so I'll hold on to your number.

Thanks for the offer!

Gene
06-19-2004, 01:11 PM
I am interested, and can pick-up. I emailed you.

division
06-20-2004, 12:11 PM
Hey Gene,

The only email I've had lately is from R. Donohoe ... is that you? If it isn't it would seem I didn't get your email - could you please send it again?

chris@essensus.com

Thanks.

Gene
06-21-2004, 04:04 PM
I tried again, maybe you have a over zealous spam blocker! ha ha