PDA

View Full Version : HRC Cam Problems???

1fast450R
06-15-2004, 01:44 PM
I installed the hrc kit and i had the Honda shop install my cam, now with the cam I have no bottom end power. I am ordering the ballance pro exhaust system, and getting a intake kit with a K&N filter, should leave the HRC cam in and see how it does with the new exhaust or go ahead and reinstall my stock cam???

loons
06-15-2004, 01:46 PM
They don't have much bottom end to begin with. The hrc cam adds mid to top. Add a pipe and intake and you will see a huge difference. At least I did on my YFZ.

ajr400ex
06-15-2004, 08:52 PM
Drop the front sprocket 1 tooth and ride it. I wouldn't spend any more money on pipes, filters, etc. I have the HRC kit in mine with the smaller front sprocket. I turned the idle up a little for GNCC racing to prevent stalling. No complaints - tons of power, just need to figure out how to keep front tires on it.

lukester720
06-15-2004, 09:01 PM
Its a higher lift cam than stock, that could potentially give it less bottom end than stock at low rpm. I mostly use bottom amd midrange, thats why I got the Sparks agressive cam.

06-15-2004, 09:34 PM
the 450r kinda sucks before the hrc kit on bottom end & I could opnly imaging after ti but it will scream forever in the top end...its just how these quads are..im sure you know what im atlking about though