PDA

View Full Version : How To Jet

08-27-2001, 03:25 PM
HEY GUYS I KNOW THIS IS KINDA A BEGINNER QUESTION BUT I WAS WONDERING IF SOME OF YOU COULD TELL ME IN DETAIL HOW TO JET MY CARB. THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP ON THIS SITE.

4punksdad
08-27-2001, 05:25 PM
well, going by your signature I am assuming alot.

with the stock airbox lid in place & a K&N filter I would assume your jetting might be ok in stock form. If you have a modified or removed airbox lid you will want to consider a jet change.

your stock main jet should be a 148. You would need to go to around a 160 or 165 I would think.

to remove the main jet simply pull the drain plug off of your carb bowl, reach up inside with a socket (8mm I think) and remove the main jet. No need to remove the carb from the bike.

Leo
08-27-2001, 05:56 PM
that's a good question!

a super secret, how-to-jet article is in the works, anyone that wants to help out and lend there expertise drop me a note!

Leo

08-27-2001, 06:03 PM
THANKS 3PUNKSDAD THATS ALOT OF HELP. YEA I HAVE THE AIRBOX LID OFF BUT I HAD OUR LOCAL HONDA SHOP DO THE JETTING FOR ME AND I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN REALLY TRUST THEM OR NOT IF YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN. IT TOOK THEM A WEEK TO DO THE JETTING!

08-27-2001, 07:42 PM
How did your Honda set it up? Tell us the jet sizes and air/fuel screw settings, hopefully they told you or will tell you if they still remember.
John

knighttime
08-28-2001, 07:13 AM
If you want your quad to start real good, change the pilot jet; although it takes a lot of time.