PDA

View Full Version : Metal Craft Racing ???

Phoenix78
06-15-2004, 12:19 PM
Has anyone heard of this company? www.metalcraftracing.com If so, do they make quality parts?

Toadz400
06-15-2004, 01:00 PM
They look like they have quality products. Prices don't seem bad either.

Phoenix78
06-15-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
They look like they have quality products. Prices don't seem bad either.
Yeah, the prices are decent, but it's kind of hard to tell by the pictures if they are made well. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them? :confused:

400exBro
06-15-2004, 04:03 PM
if that is 600 for a set of long travel, damn i want a set, this look good, Kory Ellis runs metal Craft and looks like he isn't having any problems!!!
i think i might have to call them and have a talk with them, chrome tops with blue bottoms would look good on my 450r...

Toadz400
06-15-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by 400exBro
if that is 600 for a set of long travel, damn i want a set, this look good, Kory Ellis runs metal Craft and looks like he isn't having any problems!!!
i think i might have to call them and have a talk with them, chrome tops with blue bottoms would look good on my 450r...

Wow if Kory Ellis runs them they must be good, I don't think a Pro would run a-arms that will crumble after racing.

I might have to look into a pair...

TC426EX
06-15-2004, 04:18 PM
Yeah, Kory is running those. They look like they are made well, but I wouldnt ditch a Lonestar DC4 Longtravel front end to run them.... I am guessing he is running them due to sponsorship obligations from team alba this year. I also cant understand why Jeremiah Jones would ditch a Laeger Pro Trax front end to run the new Ars-FX arms. I mean I hear they are supposed to be good, (Ballance runs them too), but you just CANT beat a Pro Trax front end with those spindles, and pivots man. That Laeger set up has been the best for years and still is as far as Im concerned. I'm def. putting one of those front ends on my next bike, but for now Ill have to deal with my STD Laeger front end which still rules....

06-16-2004, 06:56 AM
Their webpage sucks...:o
It's too dam small. But from what i gather from the 1 inch by 1 inch pic the products do look kinda nice..:huh

Jeff2269
06-16-2004, 02:59 PM
I think Kory has been running those arms before he signed with Alba. Alba doesnt know anything about Metalcraft if you ask them. The looks like a nice set up. Jones and ballance wouldnt be running Ars-fx, if they were top notch. Mike at Axis is the one that started the company arsfx so those a arms a designed to only work with axis shocks. Those arms and shocks are going to be a hard combination to beat. As far as the pro trax front end goes, no doubt that is a stellar setup, but it requires a LOT of maintenance, like 200.00 a year for a req rider, and he recommends that you send the arms to him so he can rebuild them. The normal guy cant afford that...or that front end for that matter. But yeah im going to look into those Metalcraft arms. My prediciment is that i want to run the arsfx arms, but dont want to run axis. Also, check out JRD. They make a quality arm. CHeck out jrdmech.com . Their long travel set up goes for 850.00 and they recommend you run elka. Cya!

quadjeff
06-16-2004, 04:14 PM
Check out these l/t a-arms.. www.holzracingproducts.com. These things are top notch. No questions...

Ralph
06-16-2004, 06:02 PM
their stuff does look very nice...

400exBro
06-17-2004, 03:15 PM
Holz is to much... i think i will just go with JB racing a arms nothing wrong with them at all, they work well...

TC426EX
06-17-2004, 03:38 PM
Ill tell you what, I think that JB is some of the best stuff out right now... Jody Bateman definitely knows what he is doing when it comes to chassis components. I think Laeger and JB are the best out right now. I have never seen anyone crack a JB swingarm or damage his A-Arms. I would go with the JB too man, it's totally to quality for sure...