PDA

View Full Version : got some LT80 ???

dirtmomma
06-15-2004, 10:14 AM
Ok well we finally drug the 80 out of our garage after 2 yrs, of course the starter is still out but now it won't roll w/ the front sprocket on?????????????????????? It rolls just fine w/o it, wondering if we'll have to tear it apart of maybe I can spray something it there to loosen everything up?? If anyone can help out I would appreciate it,
Thanks in advance ;)

redzoomer
06-20-2004, 05:38 AM
Won't roll with the sprocket on?? sounds like something in the trans. is locked up or the clutch is locked... Take the left side cover off and check out the clutch and belt to see if they are free.

dirtmomma
06-21-2004, 07:52 AM
Thanks Redzoomer :) glad someone could respond :rolleyes: Yeah we aren't sure what we are going to do w/ it, my brother wants my niece to race it so maybe I'll just take it too him & tell him to have fun hehe, I have much more important things to put the $$ into!! Well thanks again!!

LT80
06-30-2004, 12:42 PM
I don't think the gears would go bad from sitting.A bearing could freeze up tho.
Your deffinitely going to have to remove the clutch cover and inspect everything.

Mxjunkie
07-04-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by LT80
I don't think the gears would go bad from sitting.A bearing could freeze up tho.
Your deffinitely going to have to remove the clutch cover and inspect everything.

that happened to mine when it blew up and it sat for a year, :o dont piss off ur parents kids they will let ur quad sit for a year till they think you learned ur lesson

dirtmomma
07-12-2004, 11:21 AM
OK well we let my brother take it & OH MAN what a mess it is :(:(:( It seems it was put away wet so everything is rusted :eek2: what I need now is a wiring diagram if anyone has a pic they could send me that wiould be COOL!! He thinks the crank is froze :grr: the started was all rusted but he got it working I think, he's wants to get some wiring figured out though so if anyone can help it would be appreciated!! Thanks in advance