PDA

View Full Version : Sponserships? (Where and how)

markk
06-14-2004, 09:03 PM
I'v just really gotten into the quad racing sceen, I just raced my first GNCC at the opening round in Tyler TX. And since then i have raced Loretta Lynns, and Rausch Creek, And I'v takin a first place overall at a Local track. I was wondering, how to get any sorta sponserhip, even though i dont really have any amazing wins to show for myself. This was my final year in school. So if i can obatain the days off from my new job, and have the funds to go, Im will be working on a national # for the 2005 season.
Im asking about sponserships, because iv noticed that it's hard to keep and maintain a 4-wheeler, While also trying to save money months in advance to go to big races. Im sorta looking for a any sorta sponsership, That will help me out anywhere I can use it, and im more than willing to run there Name/names, on my quad and/or truck and trailer.
If anyone can sorta lead me in the right direction, on how to find sponships, And how, or what should i put on my resume!

Thanks for any help!
markk

bradley300
06-14-2004, 09:07 PM
just send out resume's to every major shop or company that you feel comfortable supporting, tell them what youve done, what your goals are and what you can do for them. you wont get any cash, but you will get discounts on parts or services, wich should help keep your maintence cost down.

also, go to all the booths at the next national and sign up for every contingency plan you can

Syrus
06-14-2004, 09:27 PM
I think its best for the sponsor to see the action personally. When i got a sponser it was by luck, i was going to my local Honda shop to pick up my new CR125, and he had a track at the back to test ride, or whatever they used it for at the time, he asked me to take it for a ride, and he saw my hit the jumps and told me to leave the bike at the shop for a few more days so he could put new reeds, clutch, and suspension on for me. Turned out he got me a sponsor by "Machine landing racing" and they gave me a whole **** load of stuff to start off with.

Try and show ppl at races how you do, thats where most sponsors will be watching anyhow, so something to catch there eye :eek2:

markk
06-15-2004, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the info Brad, I will try to do that at my next one!
And about going to shops around this area (southern illinois) there arn't to many shops that really even do anything for XC quads, Everyone in this area seems to either MX, or just trail ride. Its hard to find people who wanta push thereselves and go fast. And its even harder to find somone intrested enuf to take time outa there day to come watch! But i do thank both of you for the info! Ill stop by and say hi next time i see u Bradley300! (how do u decide what quad your gona run? the blaster, or the GT350??)

bradley300
06-15-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by markk
(how do u decide what quad your gona run? the blaster, or the GT350??)

i ride whatever is not broke!, lol when they both run i ride the 350 b/c it is faster and handles better (for now)
:devil: