PDA

View Full Version : For leaking tires....please read

Texan32
03-25-2002, 09:19 AM
Because i'm all about the sport of riding, i check bluetraxx occasionally. (I gotta say though, you guys/gals here are MUCH more intelligent and subjective...especially those who ride blue AND red). Anyhow, i read and relpied to a post over there and i just wanted to tell ya'll the same thing.

for those who didn't know....DO NOT USE FIX-A-FLAT!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a HUGE diference between slime and fix-a-flat. I've been dealing with tires for over five years, so please...EVERYONE listen up. That slime stuff is great. It uses a water based liquid adheasive along with organic fiber to seal holes in you tire. Fix-a-flat uses an amonia based acid that actually will decompose the inner liner (rubber) of your tires! Believe it or not, F-A-F WILL destroy your tires!

There is a small drawback to slime. i can/will cause a little vibration at high (55mph+) speeds. you can cure that though. When you buy the slime, only use 1/2 to 2/3 the amount it tells you to put in there

03-25-2002, 03:07 PM
Wow, thanks for the info Texan! Question: How does only using 1/2 or 2/3rds of the slime recommended cure the vibration? Again, thanks for your detailed information.

MadcapEX
03-25-2002, 03:44 PM
The vibration is caused by excess goop lying in the tire,at speed,centrifugal force causes it to all go to one spot and throw the tire out of balance. just like when you everload the washing machine,thud,thud , thud