PDA

View Full Version : Tilting

speedy400
06-14-2004, 05:56 PM
This maybe the easiest thing to do but I've been having problems with it, I go off the jump, tilt it to the side, then throw my weight back over and the quad just goes in the opposite direction I was hoping it to go, then a land really crappy, how do I pull the quad back to flat with the ground?thanks-darren

Rip_Tear
06-14-2004, 07:50 PM
Giving the quad gas, or hitting the rear brakes will change your "tilt". I beleive using the brakes lowers your front, giving gas raises the front. I am pretty sure this is right. Good luck.

JRDrider22
06-14-2004, 07:57 PM
yea thats correct. well what i do is i call it the kicker. when i hit a jump i like kick down the side i wanna lean to. it tilts. then i use my bars to fix me out and push the other side. cameron massaro does it the best. hes sick at it

450rGuy78
06-22-2004, 09:16 PM
It sounds to me like you're moving your body as much as the quad. I use my arms and legs together to kick the quad over, but I leave my body from waist up vertical. (My left arm will be stretched out while my right arm is bent pretty well.) Then all I do is push/pull the quad up straight under me. I'm not sure how it's supposed to be done, but this way feels natural, and I always get the quad leveled up under me before landing.

My 2 cents anyway.

muff
06-22-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by 450rGuy78
It sounds to me like you're moving your body as much as the quad. I use my arms and legs together to kick the quad over, but I leave my body from waist up vertical. (My left arm will be stretched out while my right arm is bent pretty well.) Then all I do is push/pull the quad up straight under me. I'm not sure how it's supposed to be done, but this way feels natural, and I always get the quad leveled up under me before landing.

My 2 cents anyway.

sounds good to me :devil:

one of my friends can do some nice ones, notice how far over he is on the high side
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/p37321c366e252331f48dfc3c2085d7cb/fa6c1cf4.jpg

toomeyshee87
06-22-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by 450rGuy78

My 2 cents anyway.

thats how i do it:macho

06-23-2004, 07:19 AM
me and my friend are working on that same thing u showeed in the pic i willl get pics today

Zwanter
06-23-2004, 01:18 PM
its really easy once you get a big enough jump. really helps too when you get some MX tires. oh and when you do get a big enough jump just go for it......thats what i did and pulled it off pretty easy. usually if you make a mistake the suspension will soak it up. but that depends on what you have.

06-23-2004, 04:15 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid123/p8e50bdc3a2ad7a967a96af595406ca85/f8257d2b.jpg

workin on it

4wheelboy
06-23-2004, 11:39 PM
when i do it i turn my bars the way i want the quad to lean twards an ppl say it loooks coool so:confused: but yea u gotaa have a goood size jump to do it .:eek:

Nausty
06-23-2004, 11:52 PM
turning the bars tell the bars lock out is a good way to bring it back if the tail end is going off to the side.

How I tilt it is. I just keep my body in the same spot while i lift my left leg and pull my left arm up while extending my right leg and pushing the right handle bar down all at the same time.

Then when you wanna bring it back do the opposite.

Kinda hard for me to explain but once you get it you'll be able to remember it and do it easy.

stealth400ex
06-24-2004, 09:13 PM
there is nothing to do but muscle the quad back to land using the brake is just going to put you forward its not going to put you back to land. you can do it on any size jump me and my friend do it off a 20ft double. i will post a pic tomorow.