PDA

View Full Version : Sparks425ex/ Justin Stewart

pnut420
06-14-2004, 03:44 PM
Awhile back I paid $1500 for what was supposed to be a 426 with 11:1 JE piston, mild ported heads all freshened up, I supplied the hotcam stage 2. It was $1500 because I was getting the whole engine plus side cases and all the work on the motor was to be done at a shop.

Well the 425 blew up, which was my fault. Come to find out I sold the head as a ported head and upon a second look noticed it was not ported, I took pictures of it when I received it, and now that I look at them they dont even look clean, still has deposits in the intake side, etc... Also the starter gear was not out in right, so I called him and he said oh my dad didt that part. I did not say anything but I thought his local shop that sponsors him was going to do it for a good deal.

I contacted him through AIM and he said he called the shop that was supposed to port it but they did not answer, he said I gotta go but will be on in 3 hours, well I was on for 5 after that and he was never on. I called him a couple times but did not leave a message, I was to mad to stay calm enough to leave a message.

SO basically I got shafted the $250 the mild/race port I was suppoed to get, then I sold it as ported, then when it arrived to him, he pointed out it was not ported, so then I was out another $160 to get one ported (luckly I can get good deals now that Im not a sucker)

Ex_Rider43
08-03-2004, 10:16 PM
I bought shocks and a-arms from justin and it was really good I think.

sorry it went wrong for you though..:(

pnut420
08-07-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by ex_rider52
I bought shocks and a-arms from justin and it was really good I think.

sorry it went wrong for you though..:(

Yeah I mean it wasnt terrible but he did sucker me for some money. I told him about the issue, he sais he called them and got no answer and Ive never heard since, also when I bought the engine soon as I sent the money it took forever to ship it out to me. He seems like a poor businessmen and trys to cut corners. I think he was getting out of the sport for awhile and just didnt really care anymore.