PDA

View Full Version : 450R vs. Raptor (drag)

WOracing
06-14-2004, 02:37 PM
So the other day i had a ton of people over to ride and it was pretty cool, so there is one part on my track that is kinda open and straight....prolly like 300 ft so a bunch of us started to drag race. I beat many machines that day...including a 400ex (not stock), banshee (not stock), kdx 200- no contest, and the raptor. I was surprised to see me pull away from a raptor because i have dragged a stock raptor before and it smoked me, but we raced like 10 times and i lost once because i stalled off the line...i just thought i would share another story of mine while i was riding:D ....and for all of you who wondered about the banshee how i beat it, it needs tires....BAD lol:p

RedRaider
06-14-2004, 05:49 PM
I have a 450r and a Raptor and i think my 450 would smoke my raptor in a drag too.

06-14-2004, 08:34 PM
eveyone on bluetraxx w/ raptors says they can smoke 450r's for lunch but then say they give their props to the YFZ everytime it beats them....hmmm...something smells fishy to me about that one..congrats on smoking a craptor b/c drag racing is about all they are good for In my own humble opinion...

WOracing
06-14-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
eveyone on bluetraxx w/ raptors says they can smoke 450r's for lunch but then say they give their props to the YFZ everytime it beats them....hmmm...something smells fishy to me about that one..congrats on smoking a craptor b/c drag racing is about all they are good for In my own humble opinion...

lol thanks man:D ...and i see what your saying....

1fast450R
06-15-2004, 11:57 AM
Before i put the HRC kit on I could beat a raptor everyrtime, but with the kit i cant, it take away all of your bottom end....

TRX Smoker
06-15-2004, 12:25 PM
Without a doubt, a 450r should smoke a raptor. But i have seen some highly modded Craycraft rappies that would hand my *** to me.

Bretmd94
06-15-2004, 12:52 PM
I spanked my friends raptor many times. I had a very modded raptor, and my stock 450r felt faster, and with out a doubt my 450r with sparks exhaust, and air filter is faster than my Raptor that had a cam, high comp piston, exh, etc.

Theres no comparison.

4fiddyR
06-15-2004, 03:37 PM
Ditto that, BretMd94

drthrottle
06-15-2004, 05:55 PM
when my 450 was stock with a 13 tooth sprocket I burned a new raptor @ about 900 ft 4 times in a row.The last time he was so intent on catching up he couldn't shut it down and slammed into a thorn tree and bent his bumper.Proving not only are we faster we have the BEST brakes in the business.Anyone needing proof check out what you can do w/2 fingers on my website getusum.net

450r_rider
06-15-2004, 08:12 PM
Wasn't in to the drag racing seen too much before the 450r. Now that I have one that seems all anybody wants to do is see how fast she is! 3 weeks ago I raced a 660 Raptor and a YFZ. Raptor was piped and jetted no lid. YFZ completely stock. Whoever got the best start would be a wheel out in front after a about a 100 yard drag. I was horrrbile on the starts and the other guys did it all the time.:grr:
Last Sunday after some practicing of the starts and watching how they were doing it I'm ahead about a bike length now of the same Raptor and a bike length on a piped jetted Banshee. They switched riders from the Banshee to the Raptor to see if anyone could get better results. Results were the same give or take a tire length.
Funny thing is the Guy that owns the Raptor says the Banshee usually beats him. Dunno if the Banshee was running right or not. It's the 1st one I've ever raced. The Banshee sounded good... Those things always sound wicked! Just thought I would share what I've seen so far.

Toadz400
06-16-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by 450r_rider
Funny thing is the Guy that owns the Raptor says the Banshee usually beats him. Dunno if the Banshee was running right or not. It's the 1st one I've ever raced. The Banshee sounded good... Those things always sound wicked! Just thought I would share what I've seen so far.

Yea Banshees are hard to know if they are running right or not. Jetting is a pain considering you have to take apart two carbs and try to fine-tune them. I usually like to run mine a little rich because I can never tell if it's on the lean side, and the plug checks never really tell me anything. The bad thing about dragging with a Banshee is that it's so hard to get traction, you would need at least a +2 swingarm to get SOME traction. With holeshots on my Banshee I still have trouble getting grip, even though it's just piped out with Pro-Lite pistons (don't think that makes much of a difference). The only time I have ever gotten actual real good traction was on the ice when I had ice screws in the tires...that was a blast!:cool:

I have yet to ride a 450R or even drag one, I have dragged a YFZ450 with my Banshee and beat it by one bike length...that might be due to rider error with the guy on the YFZ though.

Kennethyfz450
06-18-2004, 09:20 AM
haha..

i watched a raptor and a 450 race.. and lets just say the 450r didnt hold a candle to the raptor...

the raptor had a white bros r4 and was sickly jetted and the 450r still lost by (just guessing 20ft.)

Kennethyfz450
06-18-2004, 09:22 AM
oh by the way both riders sucked.. the one guy bought the raptor when it first came out just because it was a 660.. and the other guy the same reason they should still be riding gocarts..

im not saying the 450r is slow, i got beat by ONE when i was stock my a quad length.. i was spinning couldnt get traction if my life depending on it.. i had 2 pounds of air in my xcrs but its all good.. i like to go find him now with all my goodies..

WOracing
06-18-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Kennethyfz450
oh by the way both riders sucked.. the one guy bought the raptor when it first came out just because it was a 660.. and the other guy the same reason they should still be riding gocarts..

im not saying the 450r is slow, i got beat by ONE when i was stock my a quad length.. i was spinning couldnt get traction if my life depending on it.. i had 2 pounds of air in my xcrs but its all good.. i like to go find him now with all my goodies..

lol...sounds like someone i know:rolleyes: