PDA

View Full Version : 05 z400

wishin4ahonda15
06-14-2004, 12:22 PM
http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/LTZ400K5/Default.aspx
Honda really needs a big update to the 400ex this year! the 05z400 has a bigger carb and new suspension like the yfz!

user101
06-14-2004, 12:35 PM
why do they need to update the 400 when they have the 450R

WEEZIL
06-14-2004, 12:44 PM
They have made improvements on the z for the past 2 years. First it was the better sub frame. better exhaust. now its better suspension.. and carb. Good job suzuki!

Ralph
06-14-2004, 12:55 PM
swingarm and axle components have also been improved

TC426EX
06-14-2004, 01:19 PM
Eh, I better not say what I want to, but I can tell you from my buddies personal experiences that SUZUKI is CHEAP GARBAGE!!! I am not sold on that Z400 one bit, for many reasons that will do nothing but flame a big riot in this post....

wishin4ahonda15
06-14-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by user101
why do they need to update the 400 when they have the 450R The 450 isnt in the 400 class...the 450's are to race...you cant compare the 450s to the 400s. The 450s are for racers and the 400s are for serious riders not jus for races.

Ralph
06-14-2004, 01:44 PM
lol, this new z400 is deff to race, look at doug gust ur fool.

06-14-2004, 02:15 PM
It's still not as nice as my 2001 EX...:macho

LTandRaptorider
06-14-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by TC426EX
Eh, I better not say what I want to, but I can tell you from my buddies personal experiences that SUZUKI is CHEAP GARBAGE!!! I am not sold on that Z400 one bit, for many reasons that will do nothing but flame a big riot in this post....

Yeah, Doug Gust thinks they're garbage too... :rolleyes:

Ralph
06-14-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Yeah, Doug Gust thinks they're garbage too... :rolleyes:

yeah, he says if it wasnt for the z400 hes wouldnt be in 2nd. damn z400's

anyways in all seriousness. its all rider. im sure doug gust could do pretty damn fine on a 400ex with a ton of mods...

MOFO
06-14-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
im sure doug gust could do pretty damn fine on a 400ex with a ton of mods...

Yep, it really cracks me up when 90% of the kids on here say the 400EX is no longer a quad that can race... give me a freakin break! I bet 90% of those 90% cant ride a stock 400EX to its fullest potential...

Ralph
06-14-2004, 03:41 PM
lol, my local track has a sweet z400 who kills everyone and he is like 18. I guess if i get a yfz i should beat him then right?

MOFO
06-14-2004, 03:52 PM
lol, my local track has a sweet z400 who kills everyone and he is like 18. I guess if i get a yfz i should beat him then right?

or course! ;)

UglyMotha™
06-14-2004, 03:52 PM
probably not, a bike far from makes the rider, it only assists :o

Ralph
06-14-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
probably not, a bike far from makes the rider, it only assists :o

i guess i should get something alot faster right?

UglyMotha™
06-14-2004, 03:56 PM
i guess i should get something alot faster right?

why, you can't ride it so what's the point :huh

Ralph
06-14-2004, 04:12 PM
why, you can't ride it so what's the point :huh

well its a bigger faster more powerfull quad. it will make me faster duh....

wishin4ahonda15
06-14-2004, 04:26 PM
lol, this new z400 is deff to race, look at doug gust ur fool. new suspension wont make it "race" bike. It still wont keep up with r's or yfz's. Thats why suzuki is makin a z450. doug gust barely has a stock part on it. If he even has one other than the frame:confused:

Ralph
06-14-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by wishin4ahonda15
new suspension wont make it "race" bike. It still wont keep up with r's or yfz's. Thats why suzuki is makin a z450.

sources? it along with the ex can keep up just fine.

susuki recently updated the swingarm, axle and other things, now along with suspension this thing will be great. But i understand that you prob need a yfz450 to ride to your fullest potential.

batgeek
06-14-2004, 04:42 PM
not in the woods ya dont :D

ReconRider25
06-14-2004, 04:47 PM
the previous carb on it was already big for it, and now theyre putting an even bigger one on it.:huh god that thing is gonna suck gas........and if they make any improvements it should be the plastics and its mounting.:o

stupid driver
06-14-2004, 04:51 PM
your all wrong. To race to your full potential, you need the biggest engine possible. I reccomend getting a v-force. YOu cant go wrong with the 700 twin on the mx track. Riding skill has nothing to do with it. And yes, a graphics kit will make you a much better, not to mention faster rider. :rolleyes: :huh :rolleyes:

hond_rider52
06-14-2004, 04:53 PM
wow and white comes with differnt color graphics and a blue seat. that should diffintaly make me faster :cool:

its preaty cool that they got the shocks and some other ****. now if honda dont do somthing with the ex there sales will even be lower then what they are now

Ralph
06-14-2004, 04:58 PM
im suprised the ex even comes with round tires... its so slow square tires would make it more exciting

06-14-2004, 05:47 PM
im suprised the ex even comes with round tires... its so slow square tires would make it more exciting thats just cause your on it:blah:

DEAL
06-14-2004, 06:02 PM
New cams, suspension and carb .. I don't see why some of you think its going to be that bad.
I would have liked to have seen a z450 but suzuki took an already decent quad and added to it what it was majorly lacking to hang with the 450r and yfz. I'd like to see it get lowered and widend a bit but you can't get everything.

hond_rider52
06-14-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by DEAL
New cams, suspension and carb .. I don't see why some of you think its going to be that bad.
I would have liked to have seen a z450 but suzuki took an already decent quad and added to it what it was majorly lacking to hang with the 450r and yfz. I'd like to see it get lowered and widend a bit but you can't get everything.

i read some were that some one was talking to gust and he said that the 450 should be rreleased early 05 and he was asking gust about buyiong elkas and gust said that when the 450 comes out you wont need to buy elkas for it. so im guessing that kawazuki is still comming out with the 450 but also decided to trick out the 400 a bit for trails and people who just wants to screw around

batgeek
06-14-2004, 06:18 PM
i'm thinkin Harlens gonna be getting a new Z for Stock class :cool:

F-16Guy
06-14-2004, 06:35 PM
Well, at least one manufacturer has it's ear to the ground. Honda could totally refresh sales on the 400ex by doing a few simple things:
1. Raise compression ratio (easy and cheap)
2. Change cam profile to HRC cam specs (they already make it)
3. Increase carb size (easy mod to exisiting carb)
4. Include fully adjustable front shocks (could use 450r bodies)
5. Increase oil cooler size (and possibly routing, similar to FST)

If they did all of that, I think there is a huge market for people that aren't looking for a full-on race quad, but something more versatile, powerful, and capable than what the 400ex is now.

Ralph
06-14-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
Well, at least one manufacturer has it's ear to the ground. Honda could totally refresh sales on the 400ex by doing a few simple things:
1. Raise compression ratio (easy and cheap)
2. Change cam profile to HRC cam specs (they already make it)
3. Increase carb size (easy mod to exisiting carb)
4. Include fully adjustable front shocks (could use 450r bodies)
5. Increase oil cooler size (and possibly routing, similar to FST)

If they did all of that, I think there is a huge market for people that aren't looking for a full-on race quad, but something more versatile, powerful, and capable than what the 400ex is now.

very true. they could also use the adj shocks then to lower it a lil in the front and come up with a new linkage to lower the rear a littlebit. they could prob do it to the rear shock they have now

xr50layke
06-14-2004, 07:18 PM
i guess its waiting time for me. i dont want to get a 400ex when they have a new and improved 400ex. im still even not sure, i'd like a thumper bike like a 250F and get into MX that could be fun :)

250EXking
06-14-2004, 08:22 PM
Don't worry, you guys won't be disappointed with the 2005 Honda 400. There are a few new surprises that are going to be added. Just wait and see in September.

Chanman420q
06-14-2004, 08:53 PM
the EX isnt even garrenetted in the production line for 05' and now that im looking at that Z for 05, i may concider it. it has pretty much the same things the 450's have now, but with the money i save i can make the motors just as fast. this is something i will really be concidering next season

06-14-2004, 09:50 PM
make the motor just as fast but youll still have a suzuki..id stick with honda & yamahas 450 who know what they are doing

Fred55
06-14-2004, 09:59 PM
Yeah Suzuki sure doesnt know what they are doing, they only make one of the most popular sport quads and one of the best 125 class mx bikes....yeah they sure suck :rolleyes:

Tommy 17
06-15-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
make the motor just as fast but youll still have a suzuki..id stick with honda & yamahas 450 who know what they are doing

jumbo ur so stupid its not even funny...

i could put doug gusts quad under you, tim farrs, JJ or any of the other pros and i gurantee if i blind folded u that ur riding skill level would not be able to tell which bike is which... i bet i could stick a 450r or yfz under you and u would have no clue which one was witch unless you saw the bike... hell i bet i could even put that new Z under you and u couldn't tell it from a honda or yamaha...

and how do u know suzuki doesn't know what they are doing??? have u ever owned one to have personal experience with it??? o wait no... have u ever have more then 5 mins seat time on one if that... probably no again...

stop talking out ur @$$ man its gettin really annoying... your posts on here are nothing but worthless...

TGW_400ex
06-15-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by ReconRider25
the previous carb on it was already big for it, and now theyre putting an even bigger one on it.:huh god that thing is gonna suck gas........and if they make any improvements it should be the plastics and its mounting.:o

dead straight i know a kid that broke all the mounts on the front of his z

ReconRider25
06-15-2004, 10:48 AM
dead straight i know a kid that broke all the mounts on the front of his z

yep. and the plastic tabs on the rears for the bracket like to snap too.:p

UglyMotha™
06-15-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17

i could put doug gusts quad under you, tim farrs, JJ or any of the other pros and i gurantee if i blind folded u that ur riding skill level would not be able to tell which bike is which... i bet i could stick a 450r or yfz under you and u would have no clue which one was witch unless you saw the bike... hell i bet i could even put that new Z under you and u couldn't tell it from a honda or yamaha...

and how do u know suzuki doesn't know what they are doing??? have u ever owned one to have personal experience with it??? o wait no... have u ever have more then 5 mins seat time on one if that... probably no again...

stop talking out ur @$$ man its gettin really annoying... your posts on here are nothing but worthless...

now now tommy, you should know that you can't expect to much from a 17 yearold engineer wannabe who is actually just basically a janitor :o

Ralph
06-15-2004, 10:59 AM
now now tommy, you should know that you can't expect to much from a 17 yearold engineer wannabe who is actually just basically a janitor :o

stop hating young people just because ur old...

DEAL
06-15-2004, 11:03 AM

finally someone told him whats up...
How can someone with no experience with any of these quads bash them so much?

UglyMotha™
06-15-2004, 11:03 AM
stop hating young people just because ur old...

:huh whaaa :confused:

i've got the IQ of a 14 yearold monkey :o

partyboy300ex
06-15-2004, 11:22 AM
i think honda will come out ith a hole new quad..thats why i am waiting to buy a new one

Tommy 17
06-15-2004, 11:23 AM
:huh whaaa :confused:

i've got the IQ of a 14 yearold monkey :o

utto u makin fun of monkey boy now... u iz a dead man:eek:

thump4863
Originally posted by DEAL
finally someone told him whats up...
How can someone with no experience with any of these quads bash them so much?

I agree also...it gets old having people with no idea about something telling you what they think. Its not only Jumbo I can name several....I mean come on don't post if you don't have anything meaningful to say.

UglyMotha™
Good thing your not holding your breath

Ralph
06-15-2004, 12:20 PM
Will this make me faster? it has a bigger engine

Ralph
06-15-2004, 03:31 PM
personaly i do not like what suzuki put together for a 450 so far...

06-15-2004, 08:09 PM

stop talking out ur @$$ man its gettin really annoying... your posts on here are nothing but worthless... :p i farted