PDA

View Full Version : new shocks and carb for 05'

Evan400ex
06-14-2004, 12:28 AM
I just checked out suzuki's web site and found that the 05' Z will have piggy-back style front shocks along with a larger carb. It also had some other changes but can't remember everything. Go check out suzki's web site. O yea, for the utility guys they came out with a fuel injected 700, and Kawasaki came out with the Brute Force 750 v-twin. Both have independent. I don't know if the kawie is fuel injected or not though. Just thought I would update people who haven't heard.:devil:

batgeek
06-14-2004, 05:30 AM
Larger 37mm carburetor with throttle position sensor - ignition timing is determined by throttle opening for improved engine response, especially at high rpm.

Revised cam profiles for improved overall power output
Increased number of clutch drive plates (8 to 9) for improved clutch operation and feel.

New magnesium valve cover, clutch cover and ignition cover for improved engine appearance and reduced weight.

Piggyback reservoir-style front shock absorbers featuring adjustable preload, compression & rebound damping for improved overall suspension performance.

New aluminum front bumper and aluminum rear grab bar for improved appearance and reduced weight.

Aluminum gear shift lever for lighter gearshift feel and reduced weight.

spincr4hire
06-14-2004, 06:51 AM
Is this what we are getting instead of a Z450?:rolleyes:

Sc0
06-14-2004, 08:02 AM
They don't mention anything about the frames... Suzuki still ignoring the problem, maybe once they correct the frame they will release the 450.

Billdog350
06-14-2004, 09:19 AM
Looks like they're at least stepping up in the engine department. However I agree with Sc0, I wonder if they're gonna fix the frames or what. They're doing the front shocks over...it sounds crazy to overlook the frame issue.

Larger carb, better cams, TPS with ignition mapping, revised clutch; I would expect a 3-5 hp gain (at minimum) from those changes. Sure its still no YFZ, but its distancing itself from the antique 400ex that didn't get a motor change since its creation in 1999. If they're putting out close to 37-40 rwhp out of those things WITH reverse....then they'd be beating Raptors and almost catching up to YFZ's BEFORE mods :devil:

Out_Sider
06-14-2004, 03:36 PM
im actually impressed that suzuki is doing this, they also got the white/blue color scheme which loooks pretty good, and the 450 wont be out for another year probably, atleast suzuki did something..unlike honda's 400ex

SHOCKER
06-15-2004, 09:06 AM
sick, maybe when the hit the floor rooms and people start upgrading them then i can get some front shocks because i have no money right now, i hope they still make the z450

popo
06-16-2004, 04:59 AM
The 450 is still in the works, this is a temp fix until Kaw and Suzuki come to terms who is getting what when who.

The 450 is complete, sitting in remote locations going thru Q/C. If all the politics play out hopefully we will see them Feb 1 2005.

spincr4hire
06-17-2004, 07:14 AM
come on Popo, fill us in on the details of it...;)

Tarrat 103
06-17-2004, 08:44 AM
Have any ideas as to when these 05's will hit the dealers floors....

looking to move to a lighter bike than what my V is, I am currently working on possibly buying a 450R, but starting to get cold feet on it.

I do have an 04 Z now also, and actually really like it, but would like the 05 set up (rezzy fronts) for stock class racing. Also don't really want to give up the Reverse and Electric start by going w/ the Honda.......:cool: