PDA

View Full Version : AC Pro Pegs and general nerf bar question.

glenfoto
06-13-2004, 09:49 PM
I just installed AC Pro Peg nerfs on my 450R. They didn't bolt right up, I had to file, force fit, make a small indentation on the middle tube so it will clear the frame...... they actually don't sit even.. one is higher than the other... not enough to affect performance or feel, but still, we want our stuff to look clean, right?

On my 300ex, I had to slot the mounting holes of the mounting peg for some white bro's pro peg bars.

My question to you folks.. are nerf bars always like this? Needing some fidgeting, etc? Or am i just having bad luck these couple of sets?

Also, did anyone else have the problems with mounting AC Pro Pegs on their 450r? Any solution?

Thanks!

Glen

Toadz400
06-13-2004, 10:23 PM
My DG Alloy nerfs had to be bent and cut to fit. My AC swingarm skid plate had to be bent to fit...so I guess we both share the same bad luck:( . Also my Big Gun slip-on doesn't line up to the mounts. Hmm...what else....

froggy97
06-13-2004, 11:31 PM
I had to do the same thing to my pro-pegs, i wasn't to happy about it because for $200 i like for them to fit a little better

sparky450AR
06-13-2004, 11:39 PM
I dont like AC's products, i bought a grab bar from them once, and had to bend it for it to fit, and im talking BEND. I had one of there skidplates, and it was junk, always having to bend it down after rides. I threw it away and bought a RAD, and i love it!

My DG nerfs fit perfect on both the old 330ex, and the 416. I have DG propegs on the 416. For my 450R i will either go with the Tim Farr propegs from Dg, because the pegs are moved down and back, or the Gibson propegs. In my opinion first impressions mean a lot, so for such a popular bike they should get the dam product right. Sorry about the nerfs!

1fastR
06-14-2004, 06:53 AM
same here, I had a AC front bumper on my ex and I had to bend it just a little bit so it fit right:grr:

redroost85
06-14-2004, 07:19 AM
Pretty much everything aftermarket anymore needs to be fabbed in some way to fit...even though AC is known to be Alter and Cut Racing!:p

I guess if everything bolted right up, that would take the fun outta all of this, lol!:blah:

I hear ya though, spending all this money on stuff, it would be nice if it fit just a little better.:( :)

stealth400ex
06-14-2004, 08:40 AM
no i bought dg pro pegs for my 450r and they bolted up in 5 mins. they are perfect the welds are awsome and i still never had a problem with them. i would recommend these to any one who is getting nerf bars.

exrider44
06-14-2004, 08:52 AM
I have the pro pegs by AC and they seem to be a little bit of a pain. Ihad to drill holes thru the pegs so I can bolt them up. They would rattle if I didnt. Other than that they seem fine.

sparky450AR
06-14-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by stealth400ex
no i bought dg pro pegs for my 450r and they bolted up in 5 mins. they are perfect the welds are awsome and i still never had a problem with them. i would recommend these to any one who is getting nerf bars.

DG is a great company, underrated in my opinion.

mephyst
06-14-2004, 08:13 PM
I agree.. I got DG Pro Pegs for my 450r and they bolted up no problem. I don't ride with shoes or anything, but just messin' around the pegs have so much grip they ate the bottom of my tennies! :mad:

sparky450AR
06-15-2004, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by mephyst
I agree.. I got DG Pro Pegs for my 450r and they bolted up no problem. I don't ride with shoes or anything, but just messin' around the pegs have so much grip they ate the bottom of my tennies! :mad:

They deff keep your foot planted....and they are slanted up on the end, you wouldnt believe how much that helps with weight distribution. I think they are the only peg that has ever been this way.

glenfoto
06-15-2004, 10:00 AM
they are the only peg that has ever been this way.

There are a other nerf bar brands that have kick-up ends... the White Bros nerfs on my 300ex were one of them.

sparky450AR
06-15-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by glenfoto
There are a other nerf bar brands that have kick-up ends... the White Bros nerfs on my 300ex were one of them.

I'm not talking about kicked up ends, im talking extended, and angled up.

You can see what im taking about here.
http://216.185.136.150/dg/ATVimages/bikes/606-2140LG.jpg

glenfoto
06-15-2004, 12:17 PM
Gotcha.