PDA

View Full Version : Best Exhaust for Banshee

LilDacktyle
06-13-2004, 09:33 PM
what is the best exhaust for a banshee. im talking about the pipes and silencers. i want all around range, not top or low, just all around. if i get anything, i would want top end.

Juggalo
06-14-2004, 12:36 AM
you'll never have all around power on a banshee. most pipes are made to take advantage of the shees insane top end power so most of your choices will add mainly to the top end but most will help the low end a little bit as well. toomey t-5's are a very popular choice but their def a top end pipe and most people say the CPI in frame drag pipes make more top end power than the toomeys plus they give more low end than the toomeys too. problem is they are hard to find and expensive. if you want more low end you can look into a dyno port 2 into 1 pipe. it will help the low range and smooth out your powerband a bit plus its THE BEST SOUNDING pipe there is on the market. sounds like an F1 car.

R3Concepts
06-14-2004, 10:16 AM
CPI or STE drag pipes. Not in-frames, get the out of frame wrap around your legs burn the hell outta them loud ***** drag pipes.

LilDacktyle
06-14-2004, 10:41 AM
i am not getting thos huge drag pipes. i hate thos. but i wanted a drag banshee than i would, but im goin to make it into a jumping banshee. im geting long trvel for the front and im getting a -1 or -2 swing arm for it. i want something im not goin to burn my leg on.

ive been looking at the toomey t-5's and t-6's. if i get one of those i think im going to get the t-6's.

400grl
06-14-2004, 11:32 AM
I had the Toomey T-5's....and they were awesome!!!! You can't go wrong with either of those pipes.....

dawnchris
06-14-2004, 01:28 PM
Got 2 buddies with basic banshees. 1 with Bills pipes, 1 with FMF. The Bills are topend focused. The FMF's really seem to have a broad spread of power for a banshee.

red2004 TRX450R
06-14-2004, 02:33 PM
the 2 in to one pipe sound great.

it is the coolest sounding pipe in the world!!!!!!!!

quadmx7
06-14-2004, 05:57 PM
tommey is the way to go

SheeRider
06-15-2004, 03:49 PM
most of these guys dont know what there talking about.go to www.bansheehq.com (being updated at the moment) for all your banshee needs.first of all fmf makes 4 different types of pipes:fatty,sst,gnarly,rev.And theres to different types of 2in1 pipes:motofast,dynoport(2in1 is for a lot of bottem end may lose some top)

dawnchris
06-15-2004, 04:25 PM
My bad, my buddies bike with the decent spread of power uses FMF Fatty's. Best all around power I've tried on a Banshee, out of Bills, Procircuit and FMF.

SheeRider
06-15-2004, 06:37 PM
For Woods Get a 2in1 pipe or fmf Gnarly (they will be easyest to ride)but if you cant live without top end go for the fattys.For mx i would run a lower end pipe also.I hear pro circuit is best all around pipe.Toomeys are for the dunes or drags.I've heard quite a few complants about fmf silencer's welds braking :confused: Some trails and dunes limit how many decibels your pipes put out...toomey makes a hush kit lowers it over 100%.Last thing..stay away from dg pipes they suck @$$:eek:

Heres some links
FMF Site (www.fmfracing.com)
Toomey Site (http://www.toomey.com/)
Pro Circuit Site (http://www.procircuit.com/) Trinity Site (http://www.trinityracing.com/products/yamaha/banshee.html)

If you dont have an aftermarket airfilter get one of THESE (http://www.nossmachine.com/yamaha_banshee_parts.htm) tell him the HQ sent you :cool:

MichaelS693
06-15-2004, 09:49 PM
toomey:D

airheadedduner
06-15-2004, 09:56 PM
CPI in frames rock.

Order of pipes I HAVE tried:

1. CPI
2. Cut T'3's
3. TR-6's
4. LRD
5. T'5's
6. Dynoport
7. PC
8. FMF Fattys
9. T'3's

s-10s_rule
06-16-2004, 11:43 AM
Go to the GT thunder website and on there are many dyno runs with many machines. He has quite a selection of Banshee runs with different pipes, I cant remember which one was the best but I'm pretty confident that a Toomey T-6 will work really good, I know a guy that has them and his Banshee is fast for whats done to it. But.... my one friend has a 2003 Banshee that looks like it is a 1993! All he has ever done is beat the **** out of that thing and it runs better than any other Banshee around here. Anyway it has FMF Fatties with no other mods! and since he wont race it, he always tells me to drag race it for him and I've never been beat on it against any other banshee, even ones with alot of money in them. The best race I had on it was a beautiful Banshee with Trinity Pipes and silencers, Trinity Two-into-One, Trinity head, and V-Force reeds, and I still beat it. Needless to say we call this thing "the freak". But out of fairness I cant say that I beat the T-6 Toomey Banshee yet, we have never raced, but as of now that ragged out FMF has close to a 10-0-0 record, swear to god, I've raced almost everyone in my area on it.

atvracr350
06-16-2004, 03:03 PM
my brother has a banshee with toomey's on it and they are the best soundin pipe i have heard. really nice gains in hp to.

400exstud
06-17-2004, 11:52 AM
If you want good sound I would go with the Duncan Racing. My neighbor has those on his and I swear I can hear him from a mile away. They practically make me def when I ride with him.

dawnchris
06-17-2004, 12:55 PM
That means avoid those one's. Loud exhausts are for dumb*****es.

outofsight
06-17-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by dawnchris
That means avoid those one's. Loud exhausts are for dumb*****es.
Right on

R3Concepts
06-17-2004, 01:28 PM
Good one outofsight, you say right on but in your sig. it says you have a Big Gun complete on a 400ex and we all know how quiet those Big Guns are! LOL

LilDacktyle
06-17-2004, 01:34 PM
my brother keeps telling me to get the FMF SST pipes, but he rides dirt bikes and knows nothing about quads. does anyone know if those are good or not?

400grl
06-17-2004, 03:02 PM
My Boyfriend had the SST's on his Shee....he liked my Toomey's alot better.....said he's get the T-5's over the FMF's anyday......not sure why, though. I loved the Toomey's.

mersingt
06-18-2004, 11:57 AM
toomey tr6

Jake250ex
11-10-2004, 06:29 AM
I have a nice set of t-5's for sale for $300 shipped to ya ;) pm me if intersted

foleyit
11-10-2004, 08:08 AM
Got some T-6s here and they are great set of pipes. I have a dynatek ignition for the banshee and it produces a great power curve throughout the power band.

The expansion chamber is so big on the T6 that I had to remove some of the plastic on the front fenders.

LTZ400rider
11-10-2004, 11:49 AM
what about trinity pipes are they any good. it seems like trinity's work is mostly aimed on banshees