PDA

View Full Version : Great ride!

trout
06-13-2004, 08:50 PM
Went to Taylor Park this weekend, it is the land surrounding Tayor resevour, in Colorado, over Cottonwood pass. You can ride your four wheeler on the roads and in to the towns and up all over the land. TOns of trails and paths. The 450 R was great! I rode for hours up drainages. and in the woods and down the roads, and all over! Great views, the quad is really set up nicely for trial riding, I did drop the front sproket tonight to a 13 tooth and am goin to the dunes up in Walden CO. next weekend, so we will see how hard it pulls in the sand. Im also going to remove the airbox lid and re-jet to get a little more power, ill tell you how it does.

Trout

lukester720
06-14-2004, 12:24 AM
So how did you go about breaking it in?

sparky450AR
06-14-2004, 12:27 AM
Are you going to remove the SA also?

Once you rejet, post the jet size that worked! thanks

Also, nice ride:cool: . You will now get the looks! congrats.

trout
06-14-2004, 07:24 AM
Yes, SA is out now, but not the airbox lid.

You guys have to remember....im at altitude, I bet I ran from 7000ft. to 9500ft. during the day. So my jetting will be different than yours. According to the Honda dealer, with airbox lid off and SA Out I should run a 140-150 he said, jet size.

Break in was one hour at the motorcross track two weeks ago, change oil and filter and trannyu fluid. Pretty easy on it, but I did get on it.

and three hours this weekend, hard as I wanted, and change the fluids.

Now I consider it broken it.

Trout