PDA

View Full Version : rear end hopping/bucking on whoops

ZRider400
06-13-2004, 06:13 PM
Ive been riding my 450r everday since i got it....and i really like this quad. only thing is on whoops the rear end likes to hop / buck side to side.

is there a way to fix this by adjusting the rear shock? or do i need to get the GT thunder linkage setup.

KYmxracer52
06-13-2004, 06:20 PM
you could back off the compression a little and slow the rebound some.

ATC350X 85
06-13-2004, 08:02 PM
I have the same problem with mine, i still havent cured it, its sooo damn annoying.

chris450R
06-13-2004, 08:19 PM
well, guys i have not had any problems with mine being bouncy. i have my shocks set up with the springs all the way up with like 2 or 3 threads showing and the compression and rebound on high then came off half turn on front and 1 whole turn on rear.

do you still have stock tires on there? bc if you do that might be your problem bc i did notice it being bouncy with them on. but now i have itp mxer's on so got rid of that.

sparky450AR
06-13-2004, 08:22 PM
I have the stock tires, run about 4-5 PSI...preload no threads showing, compression pretty low, and it really helped out a ton. Its still not like the axis on the 416, but its pretty nice. I will be buying the GT thunder set-up, since im hearing such good things.

outacontrol31
06-13-2004, 08:31 PM
when I hit some really big nasty woops about ten feet apart and 3 feet deep then I have the same problem, there not really woops but when hittin them in 4 pinned it swaps and bucks so bad it's scary. I weigh right at 125 lbs. so the back shock is to stiff for me even when it adjusted to the softest settings, we've got elka's front and rear comming so that should cure the problem hopefully, but for small stutter woops its not as bad cause it dousn't realy on the whole shock travel. thats all i got to say about that :o

chris450R
06-13-2004, 09:12 PM
what does the gt thunder linkage do for the stock rear shock? does it just make it set lower like an aftermarket shock and linkage does? and how does it run $?

ZRider400
06-13-2004, 09:30 PM
yea i have 18 inch tamers on it right now.....didnt even wanna ride with the stock tires.

looks like i'll be getting the GT thunder setup if i cant dial in the shock to make this bouncing go away.