PDA

View Full Version : custom yz/ex400 roll/walsh/pep

mxracer111
06-13-2004, 05:18 PM
all info and pics can be found at this link: link (http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=845&st=0&)

this was built 1 year ago and ridden only 5-6 times. 2 were local flattrack races in which i took 1st and 2nd places. the quad started as a brand new Honda 400ex replacment frame. the motor mounts were added to bolt in the 99 yz400 engine. the frame was also reinforced in all the weak places on the honda frame. the subframe was also modified to be much stronger and a 250r style ac racing grab bar was also added. both frame and subframe were powder coated trans. blue along with many other components on the machine. the work was all done by a pro gncc racer that is also a fabricator. it is the cleanest yz/ex conversion i have ever seen done. a custom aluminum oil tank was used in conjunction with custom built stainless steel braided oil lines that feed into a large oil cooler that is bolted to the huge walsh custom radiator with polished aluminum shrounds. the a arms are chrome Roll Design Lobo 2 Long travel +3 a arms. the swing arm is a std length Walsh racecraft which holds an RPM millenium tapered bearing carrier with an RPM dominator +1/+4 adjustable 250r axle. also used was a 250r rear dual piston caliper, braking rotor, RPM antifade nut, and powdercoated OEM 250r rear wheel hubs. Up front we used OEM 400ex brake parts on the polished spindels and added baldwin motorsports hubs. the wheels are Douglas rolled edge wheels.. the fronts are 4 in 1 offset billet center wheels with grooved radials and the rear are std center 8x8 beadlocks with turf tamers mounted on them. the shocks were built by mark baldwin. they are PEP ZPS with std 20 click resis. the fronts are 19 inch. they are setup for a 180 lbs A class MX rider, they also had the oil and seals changed over this winter. the plasic is all white fullbore plastic with OEM honda seat and cover. it has a Gibson steering stem that is +2 in legth and it is antivibe with a custom bar mount that has a prodesign kill switch added to it. the motor: 99 yz400 motor that i took apart to rebuild everything when i did the project last year. the head was sent to NJ to be ported and polished by Fastway. a yz450f exhaust cam was also added to help the motor start easy which now it is really simple to start. the piston is a std bore wiseco 12.25:1 compression. .030 was also machined off the head to add a bit of compression and too assure the aluminum ead was flat to prevent gasket problems. the bottom end: the crank was replaced with a new OEM unit. also a few gears that showed wear and ALL of the beaings were replaced with NEW OEM parts. the center cases of the engine were also powder coated Gloss Black while it was apart. it also got a new OEM yamaha clutch and only OEM oil filters have ever been run in this motor with Motul 5100 15W50 oil. some of the engine covers are either chromed or powdercoated as well. the carberator we used is from a 2000 yz426 and it has an easy adjust fuel screw and a power now in it. the exhaust was custom made used a titanium Gytr header and a TC racing silencer. they were both modified to fit well and they are sent to Jet hot to be ceramic coated. the silencer was polished like a mirror. also has Ac propegs custom mounted to make removeing them much easier than normal, also has a Duncan bumper and many other things which im probably forgetting.
Quad must be picked up in southeastern PA. and i am not interested in trades.
asking $10,000. i know price is high for what many of these are currently selling for... but i have well over $15,000 into building this over time and i have hardly used it. Only reason i am selling is beacause i have no time to ride it.... id rather see somone else enjoy it. contact me with any questions

mxracer111
06-16-2004, 10:20 PM
bump