PDA

View Full Version : Canadian ATV National Round #1

Quad18star
06-13-2004, 04:17 PM
Well I snapped a few pics from the National Race this weekend up in Cochrane Ontario Canada . The pictures aren't the ebst since I own a very crappy digi cam that is also a webcam so keep the flaming down on the crappy pics . Anyways ... I went up there with my ex gf ... you can kinda see her in a few pictures wearing a baby blue Fox zip-up hoody . She hates taking pics so I kinda had to sneak a few pics while she wasn't looking ( just point , click and hope I had her in the pic) . You can see my ugly face in there somewhere also . It started off as a fun weekend , until my buddy came up short on the table top you see in most of the pics on his dirtbike .... it kicked him up about 8 feet in the air when he landed , the wind grabbed his bike a little and he landed hard . The dirtbike landed on his leg and snapped his leg in the shin area in 2 places. He had to be airlifted to the nearest large hospital about 4 hrs away and have surgery on his leg . I ahven't talked to him yet but I hope he's alright . Anyways ... heres the link to the pictures i took of the weekend .
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4286563887

Rip_Tear
06-13-2004, 08:28 PM
awsome pics, I wish some of the races where closer to me so I could check them out... Maybe they could hold time trials on my track... lol JK.

LTandRaptorider
06-13-2004, 08:55 PM
Low flying planes? :eek:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid121/pba61a06187b218d22060b2afc95219e9/f8494700.jpg

Scottie Mac
06-13-2004, 09:04 PM
Plante's TRX is nice as he11. Were there any other big name pros there?

Scott

Quad18star
06-13-2004, 10:11 PM
That plane was flying low ... It looked like a full size plane ( not a 747 or anything) but was big enough and it was a glider . First time I ever saw anything like it before .... pretty crazy to watch it fly around .

As for any other big name Pro's ..... none that you guys would know . It was rumored that Keith Little was gunna show up but he never did . We were surprised to see Jasmin show up .... he showed up either really late Friday night or earlier Saturday morning . He missed the open practice friday ( like he needs it anyways) . The other big names that were there , were from the Canadian racing scene , guys like Marco April , Ernie Austin , Richard Pelchat ( #1 canadian ATV champion) , James Banks . I think Jasmin wants his #1 plate back since Pelchat took it from him last year . Jasmin has to be one of the nicest guys out there . He went out of his way to help my buddy find a swingarm after he cracked his during open practice friday afternoon . Very easy to talk with and very friendly . Also I must say he is CRAZY fast . He had about a minute lead over anyone else on the track ... and he's a very smooth rider . I wish I would have snapped a pic of the Factory Yamaha race trailer . Yup you read it right . Yamaha Canada is sponsoring a racer .... and he has 2 or 3 YFZ450s to his name . Very nice to see Yamaha backign ATV Racers .

hond_rider52
06-14-2004, 07:14 AM
nice pics. too bad it doesnt come around my part of canada. and btw is there a side for the canadian atv nationals

400exBro
06-14-2004, 03:44 PM
you are talking about Richard Reath and James banks right about the yamaha canada trailor right??

plante is fast... cool guy i also heard that Dunk was going to come but since he got injured he didn't go... Dunk is a really cool guy i met him at red bud and was super nice...