PDA

View Full Version : Truck Ideas

Chanman420q
06-13-2004, 09:15 AM
I know this is asking for a verbal beat down from you guys because u wanna go UP and i would rather go DOWN. My dad gave me his 03' F150, now i wanted an S10 extreme but im not going to argue with someone who just gave me a car, but this truck wasnt my first choice.. but then again wasnt my last. so im still happy. now its the F150, 8ft bed and its got 4x4. not exactlly a hot rod type car. anyone have any pictures of this type of truck thats lowered.. has rims or what not. i cant see dropping this truck.. :huh but it mibht not look bad at all.

416exmx
06-13-2004, 10:25 AM
what good would it be to lower a 4x4?? sell it and use the money to buy an extreme or something

quadrcr161
06-13-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by 416exmx
sell it and use the money to buy an extreme or something

it would take you too much time and money to lower a 4wd. but with someone who has modified everything i owned except my fullsize now, (i have 3 cars, only one is stock) i would suggest leaving it alone unless you are going to be commited to the extra upkeep and plan on loweing it right. just drive it and enjoy someone giving you a brand new truck.

RH1N08d9
06-13-2004, 11:41 AM
just slap some fairly shiny wheels on it (not rims ha ha) and get some new exhaust, and intake, and a chip! is it the regular cab? you should lift it though if you want a cool truck!

Chanman420q
06-13-2004, 11:47 AM
believe me, its high enough. and as far as selling it, my dad wont let me, i already threw that idea at him. my sister screwed up her first car and the repairs my parents paid for on it were worth about 3x the ammount of the actuall car. thats why hes giving me his old truck ( well new ) because he knows the history of it. maybe some 20's wouldnt look bad:p

NAXxcbanshee11
06-13-2004, 12:33 PM
get some 22's they will look better

TheFontMaster
06-13-2004, 01:39 PM
IOM a the only way to go with a 4x4 is up.

416exmx
06-13-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
IOM a the only way to go with a 4x4 is up.

;)

MichaelS693
06-13-2004, 02:14 PM
ok... here it goes... i currently have a 00 s-10 extreme... if i got a 03 f150 4x4 i would not drop it i would raise anything that is a 4x4 no offense but that has to be the stupidest thing i have ever heard of LOWERING A 4X4!!! anyway... i would much rather have a 4x4 full size then my extreme.... just my .02:)

FourFiftyFour
06-13-2004, 02:24 PM
as my fav quote says "Lowered trucks are for guys who cant get it up.."

jk

anyway on a serious note, besides the fact that i would never lower a truck in the first place, but no one should ever lower a 4x4! they are not made for that! not to be dissing on anyone but lowering a 4x4 would be a very dumb thing to do. Just fix it up as nice as you can without lowering it

300extreme#8
06-13-2004, 03:04 PM
i's say don't lower it or lift it,leave it alone,guy at my school has a 2001 and it is 4X4 with 20" spinners and it is not lifted or lowered and it looks just right,so just get rims with mayeb spinners,then put a big system in it,in u want to be heard i'd say get a bed cut and put 4 mtx 8000 in it,but if not a bed cut just get some jl w 0 10s,well it will look good not matter what,so good luck

Chanman420q
06-13-2004, 04:06 PM
well id never seen a lowered 4x4, and didnt really think i would. i was just wondering if it was possible. i know the plans i had with the s10 arent realistic with the F150 but i was hoping there would be something i could do. and the system.. well ull hear me;)

400exrules
06-13-2004, 04:09 PM
yah IMO i dont understand why u would want to lower a car or truck so low that u cant get over a d*mn speed bump. Please Please dont ruin that truck. I would either leave it the way it is, or go up, never down. Besides, wouldnt u want to look DOWN at all them other small cars, get more respect on the road:devil:

Chanman420q
06-13-2004, 06:57 PM
i was looking for ideas not oppinions:o

ewalker302
06-13-2004, 07:49 PM
You would rather have any s-10 than a 03' 4 wheel drive F150???

I don't think there is such a thing as "ideas" for what you want to do (lower the F150), and if you don't want opinions dont' ask retarded questions.

Different strokes i guess, but thats just stupid...

But I'm sure someone has done it before.
Maybe try "Iliketodrivecrap.com"
:bandit:

Chanman420q
06-13-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by ewalker302
You would rather have any s-10 than a 03' 4 wheel drive F150???

I don't think there is such a thing as "ideas" for what you want to do (lower the F150), and if you don't want opinions dont' ask retarded questions.

Different strokes i guess, but thats just stupid...

But I'm sure someone has done it before.
Maybe try "Iliketodrivecrap.com"

im sorry i dont live out in the boonies where id need a 9'' lift just to get to my house.. i live out in a more civilized area where lifted trucks are complete junk and stupid because its not needed. so back off *****

300extreme#8
06-13-2004, 08:50 PM
thats what i'm sayin,who cares if we want to lower ours some ppl r lower riders some arn't,yall think lowerin is stupid and i think liftin is stupid,around here if u here a cheeeee sound of air u look and when u find the truck or car dropped to the ground ur like dayuuuuuuuuum,so back off him man he said he didn't care anything bout liftin it so quit tell him too,but i think u will be ok if u just don't lift or lower the 20's will set it off and have ppl lokkin and the system we be even better,then ur set and ready to ride teh strip or teh hang out where ever u go to show off,well holla

Chanman420q
06-13-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by 300extreme#8
thats what i'm sayin,who cares if we want to lower ours some ppl r lower riders some arn't,yall think lowerin is stupid and i think liftin is stupid,around here if u here a cheeeee sound of air u look and when u find the truck or car dropped to the ground ur like dayuuuuuuuuum,so back off him man he said he didn't care anything bout liftin it so quit tell him too,but i think u will be ok if u just don't lift or lower the 20's will set it off and have ppl lokkin and the system we be even better,then ur set and ready to ride teh strip or teh hang out where ever u go to show off,well holla

well Exriders isnt 98% all hicks, nice to know.

batgeek
06-15-2004, 01:50 AM
hey! why so remove that post :(

personally i prefer the "stay with the utility of the vehicle" mindset. do not lower a 4x4 vehicle.

trust me, you'll get more "WTF!" than "oh cool!" and that's not only from the hicks.

lowered 4x4 truck screams that one word....ummm what was it again? starts with a "W" and rhymes with Tigger.

ewalker302
06-15-2004, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
im sorry i dont live out in the boonies where id need a 9'' lift just to get to my house.. i live out in a more civilized area where lifted trucks are complete junk and stupid because its not needed. so back off *****

Say what you want about where you live being so "civilized", just please stay where you are, it's much much better.

I only know that I have never heard anybody here ask as idiotic a question, or ask for "ideas" about lowering a new 1/4 ton 4x4.

I never said anything at all about lifting a truck, or that lowering a truck is necessarily a bad thing.

So whose post were you replying to??

So angry, and all you can come up with (that has to do with my post, or me i guess) is to bash the south?

diesel-mech
06-15-2004, 07:31 AM
I know this is asking for a verbal beat down from you guys because... i would rather go DOWN. .

:eek: PSSST, you have to be carefull about what you say. It just sounds wrong:huh :devil:

I agree that you would make the truck look much cooler if you added 20 or 22" wheels. That seems to be where the new trend is heading anyway. Most poeple seem to like that look. I'm more into lifting trucks and my neighbor lowers all his. We both agree that a 4x4 with the stock ride height and larger wheels looks good.

ReconRider25
06-15-2004, 08:28 AM
dont bother its a 4x4, just get some rims/tires an exhaust, and a system. and heck if u are into the lowrider crowd you can always get clearcorners and taillights and itll still look good.;) :p man im gonna get flammed for this one.:o

Chanman420q
06-15-2004, 08:46 AM
im not sure any of you read my first post, as i said, i wanted to do something like that, but dont think its going to look right. or if it could even be done. you guys all just assumed i was going to go out and do it, no i was looking for pictures of trucks that may of been lowered so i could get an idea if it would look alright or jsut completely stupid, its either going down or staying where its at.

i cant see dropping this truck.. :huh but it mibht not look bad at all.

quadrcr161
06-15-2004, 08:55 AM
please just dont get big rims and leave it stock, anyone thats actually into custom trucks will just laugh at it and know your a poser. i read where several people here says its the new trend, but do you really wana be a trendy? people who put 20+ wheels on their truck and a set of euro taillights drive me crazy thinking they have a custom truck. either lift it with a nice set of 16 or 17's and an agressive tire and detail the undercarage or leave it stock. if your dad would let you sell it dont get an extreme they are the worst excuse for a custom truck there is. you can find an extended cab s-10 base model cheaper and build it up better then an extreme could ever be. the s series is the bolt togeather truck, you can air bag it and not really get into cutting anything because they make so many kits for it.

SSracingNY
06-15-2004, 04:26 PM
definatly go up. nice 4'' lift, stainless steel duals out the back, grill kit, nerf bars, tint(if not already done), bigger wheels, visor, wing off the back of the cab....

Chanman420q
06-15-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by SSracingNY
definatly go up. nice 4'' lift, stainless steel duals out the back, grill kit, nerf bars, tint(if not already done), bigger wheels, visor, wing off the back of the cab....

:rolleyes:

bulkdriverlp
06-16-2004, 09:20 PM
just leave it alone, spend your money on something usefull like an education or something...........theres an idea. you want it lowered so ya can rip ur exhaust off on rr tracks and stuff? remember the height thing, if your lower and you get arse packed by a excursion whadya think will happen? no asprin will cure that head ache:eek2: ur block will be knocked off......:eek: ed