PDA

View Full Version : rev box with cam

FF1O5
06-13-2004, 08:18 AM
I know that a rev-box with a stock cam is not valuable because the 400ex makes all its power before the stock rev-limiter,but with a aftermarket cam(hotcams stage 2) would it be valuable?Im thinking it would because the duration of the cam has changed to keep the valves open longer so there would be more power created at a higher rpm?If i am not sniffing glue,what rev-box would you guys recomend?

TC426EX
06-13-2004, 11:22 AM
Do a search man!!! There are like 5000 articles just in the last week or so on rev boxes... If you want the detailed reasoning on why certain ones are better than other ones then scroll through the pages of previous posts and find some articles... The TC racing and GT Thunder are the best rev boxes for the 400ex... Dont buy a white brothers, sparks or big gun...

FF1O5
06-13-2004, 11:26 AM
thanks man you are one of the guys that always seems to answer my questions, and i did try a search but "rev" seems to be to short of a word to the "query" field or something like that.

hondarider2006
06-13-2004, 01:06 PM
I talked to Dusty at C&D and she said that she runs a Magnum rev box, and she hasn't had any problems with it not starting when its cold and what not, like a lot of them do. So that is what I ordered. For only $80, but may want to look into that:)

cals400ex
06-13-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by FF1O5
thanks man you are one of the guys that always seems to answer my questions, and i did try a search but "rev" seems to be to short of a word to the "query" field or something like that.

search using *rev* when the words are too short.

Ryan
06-13-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by hondarider2006
I talked to Dusty at C&D and she said that she runs a Magnum rev box, and she hasn't had any problems with it not starting when its cold and what not, like a lot of them do. So that is what I ordered. For only $80, but may want to look into that:)

Did you notice a large difference in the power? What I mean is, was the quad making alot of power over the stock rev limiter? I have also been told that the 400ex doesn't make much power beyond the stock rev limit. Im curious if its worth getting one. I have a hot cam stage 1, if that matters.

hondarider2006
06-13-2004, 08:09 PM
I have not got it yet, its on order, along with my 416 piston and hot cam stage 2:)

turnandburn
06-14-2004, 12:40 AM
mickey said he offers a cdi for $105 does any one have any info on them? Maybe he can fill us in.

hessianmx111
06-14-2004, 03:09 AM
whats so bad about the white brothers rev box my 416 came with one?:confused: when i bought the quad

cals400ex
06-14-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Ryan
Did you notice a large difference in the power? What I mean is, was the quad making alot of power over the stock rev limiter? I have also been told that the 400ex doesn't make much power beyond the stock rev limit. Im curious if its worth getting one. I have a hot cam stage 1, if that matters.

my 10.8:1 406 with stage 2 hotcam did make power after the stock rev limit. in a drag race i would gain about 4 bike lengths or so after installing the rev box. some people don't like to rev it that high but when your in a race it does help no matter what others say.

cals400ex
06-14-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by hessianmx111
whats so bad about the white brothers rev box my 416 came with one?:confused: when i bought the quad

these boxes just mainly raise the rev limits. now others are out that actually change timing a bit which can make your bike run better and smoother. also, the white brothers just makes the bike a PITA to start in winter.

Ryan
06-14-2004, 12:34 PM
I rev the hell out of mine and havn't hit the rev limiter yet. I probably wouldn't need one.