PDA

View Full Version : 400ex V. Warrior

Quad Dude
06-12-2004, 09:42 PM
i was wondering which one would win in a race??? they are both stock except my 400 has a 16 tooth front sprocket

i was thinking i would take it off the line for a long ways but wasnt possitive about the long haul if that 6th gear on the warrior would catch up eventually

400ex2072
06-12-2004, 09:47 PM
warriors blow and have nothing on 400ex's....

400exrules
06-12-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by 400ex2072
warriors blow and have nothing on 400ex's....

that says it all :D

no reason in blabbling on, warrior has no chance

06-12-2004, 11:33 PM
a warrior cant touch a 400ex..a 300ex can pretty much beat a warrior

hondarider2006
06-13-2004, 02:12 AM
there would be no chance for the warrior....It would be like a 300ex vs. a 400ex, think about it;)

TC426EX
06-13-2004, 11:18 AM
You gotta be kidding me.... Warriors are slow and HEAVY and dont sand a chance against a 400. Despite their huge sales over the years, I think warriors are pretty much worthless bikes aside from trail riding. Ive actually seen people try to race MX on warriors, and let me tell you what a joke that is. Those bikes are meant to stay on the ground. Bottom line........NO CHANCE!

04'400ex'er
06-13-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Quad Dude
i was wondering which one would win in a race??? they are both stock except my 400 has a 16 tooth front sprocket

i was thinking i would take it off the line for a long ways but wasnt possitive about the long haul if that 6th gear on the warrior would catch up eventually :huh :huh :huh :huh
I am shaking my head right now.

Jingle #11
06-13-2004, 08:03 PM
yeh the 400 will tear it a new one.

wishin4ahonda15
06-13-2004, 08:42 PM
You got him! Ive owned both and the warroir wont stand a chance

SheeRider
06-13-2004, 09:15 PM
ask him to put some money on the race to make it intresting and spot him 10 yards :p warriors suck nuts and i dont even think they got a 6th gear :confused: there heavy and slow and peice of junk.Now if it was the 400ex and a Banshee the shee would take it by 3 bike lengths

Jingle #11
06-13-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by SheeRider
ask him to put some money on the race to make it intresting and spot him 10 yards :p warriors suck nuts and i dont even think they got a 6th gear :confused: there heavy and slow and peice of junk.Now if it was the 400ex and a Banshee the shee would take it by 3 bike lengths

i think it might be a lil more than 3 bike lengths :rolleyes:

warrior369
06-17-2004, 12:05 AM
Come on now guys... yes a 400 is a more practical race quad considering that near 90% of racers use them, but you have to give some props to the warriors. Yes they have 6th gear, and no a 400 will not BLOW a warrior away. Thats for sure. Yes its heavier that a 400, but only 20 pounds. 400's win races but a warrior is still a solid bike, even for racing.

hondarider2006
06-17-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by warrior369
Yes they have 6th gear, and no a 400 will not BLOW a warrior away. Thats for sure.

lol, yes a 400ex will blow a warrior away. That is for sure:)

Toadz400
06-17-2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by hondarider2006
lol, yes a 400ex will blow a warrior away. That is for sure:)

Yea I'm pretty sure a 400ex would blow a Warrior away. And it'd never be able to catch up, even with it's 6th gear.

I think that guy said that because he owns a Warrior and no one likes to admit that their quad is slow...no offense, but the Warrior is definately outdated and overweight. But at least they are bulletproof and good for trail riding, which I suppose it doesn't matter to some people if their quad will win a drag or not, just as long as it does the job for them on the trails.

outofsight
06-17-2004, 08:41 AM
When my ex was stock I raced my dad on the warrior. It was about a 1/4 mile and I beet it by about 150 ft. Not even close.

UglyMotha™
06-17-2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by TC426EX
Ive actually seen people try to race MX on warriors, and let me tell you what a joke that is. Those bikes are meant to stay on the ground. Bottom line........NO CHANCE!

you know what a joke is your ego, seriously, not everybody out there has money to have up to date machines, believe it or not there's alot of people out there that race just merely for the love of the sport why don't think a little, imagine some 18 yearold kid his dad left him and his mom when he was 13 and he goes to work everyday bustin his butt trying to support him and his mother that he doesn't have any money left over to go out and blow on himself, but one day his neighbor donates him a warrior that he has no use for anymore, he knows that he can't win but that doesn't matter, he goes out anyways and races his heart out cause that's what he enjoys, i'm sure if you were in that scenario you wouldn't just sit at home and cry because you have a warrior :rolleyes:

400exstud
06-17-2004, 11:32 AM
^^^yup.

hondaex03
06-17-2004, 11:36 AM
I own both and the 400ex will win hands down but it will not completly blow the Warrior away. I have seen a few hot roded Warriors blow 400ex's with all the bolt ons.

warrior369
06-17-2004, 07:42 PM
well now, i dunno bout the abandoned boy with the warrior story, but a warrior is tough and fast no matter what you say. If you can ride, and have some mods to a warrior, it will keep up. theres nothing more to say then line them up.

TC426EX
06-17-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
you know what a joke is your ego, seriously, not everybody out there has money to have up to date machines, believe it or not there's alot of people out there that race just merely for the love of the sport why don't think a little, imagine some 18 yearold kid his dad left him and his mom when he was 13 and he goes to work everyday bustin his butt trying to support him and his mother that he doesn't have any money left over to go out and blow on himself, but one day his neighbor donates him a warrior that he has no use for anymore, he knows that he can't win but that doesn't matter, he goes out anyways and races his heart out cause that's what he enjoys, i'm sure if you were in that scenario you wouldn't just sit at home and cry because you have a warrior :rolleyes:

Whatever man, I still stick by what I said and no I dont have a monster ego or anything Im just stating facts. The guys who race warriors that I am talking about actually put ALOT of money in them and its just funny to me. I dont buy your story of the "poor kid" either man because you could sell a warrior and buy a used 400ex for the same amount no questions asked if you were trying to race. I hear a couple guys at tracks sometimes with these warriors that talk about doing all this extensive motor work and suspension, etc, and its a big waste of money. I mean, good for them they are having fun and thats all that matters, but anyone who wants to race motocross shouldnt be doing it on a warrior and you can not convince me otherwise I dont care if Im some kind of anti warrior "bigot" in your eyes man. If the kid is good enough to start racing then he can handle a better quad and would have more fun riding one anyway. Like I said before, you can get a used 400ex for around 2000 if you wanted to so the argument that the "poor kid" cant afford it doesnt hold any water at all. Youre from ohio man, Im sure you know what guys I am talking about if you race at all and get out to the tracks. The one dude kept trying to run people off the track when they passed him at the summit indoors over the winter because he was getting slaughtered so bad. Warriors have NO place on the MX track at all and belong in the woods and on the trails. For what they were made for they are great, reliable bikes, but MX bikes they are not and never will be.... You post on alot of the same posts I do and I am always very civil and offer the most complete advice I can on alot of topics. Where you get the impression that I have some kind of "ego" is beyond me and Im kind of ticked off about it to tell you the truth. Whatever man, its cool, but I still say warriors are a JOKE for MX and Im not changing my opinion even if it is poor tiny tim riding it with a deadbeat dad, on welfare, with an abused mother, makes no difference...

400ex men
06-17-2004, 09:39 PM
cool

UglyMotha™
06-18-2004, 07:23 AM
Im sure you know what guys I am talking about if you race at all and get out to the tracks. The one dude kept trying to run people off the track when they passed him at the summit indoors over the winter

stop racing woodsman http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/lmao.gif

TC426EX
06-18-2004, 08:44 AM
I DONT race woodsman smartazz I race the 4 stroke class. I just happened to NOTICE it when I was WATCHING that class race... What do you race if you do?

UglyMotha™
06-18-2004, 09:03 AM
oh you just happend to be watching eh, 4stroke class, well that sure narrows it down, i was there, i saw the warrior, and the scrambler, i wouldn't say the guy was purposly runnin people off the track looked more like an inexperienced 15 yearold to me not to mention the track really is only wide enough for a quad and half so of course its goin to get tight and there's goin to be alot of rubbing, that's racing so deal with it, wasn't even in your class anyways so stop your whining, and what would my class have to do with anything

300exOH
06-18-2004, 09:16 AM
No offense to anyone but I don't think it will be that long before the 400ex gets the same lack of respect as the Warrior. Yes the 400ex is a little faster but the Warrior is a tried and true machine and both are great trail quads. The fact is both are going to get beat on the track by the latest and greatest quads. How long will it be before people are saying the 400ex has NO place on the track? Why even argue about it? There will always be something bigger and meaner.:blah:

TC426EX
06-18-2004, 09:40 AM
4stroke class, well that sure narrows it down, , and what would my class have to do with anything

Um in case you didnt know it there is a 4 stroke quad class in the CRA series and I also race D12 events. I want to know what class you race since you made a crack about woodsman and you prolly RACE woodsman...

TC426EX
06-18-2004, 09:48 AM
4stroke class, well that sure narrows it down, , and what would my class have to do with anything

Um, in case you didnt know it there is a 4 stroke quad class in the CRA series and I also race D12 events. I want to know what class you race since you made a crack about woodsman and you prolly RACE woodsman... Be careful about YOUR ego if youre gonna start cracking on "poor little johnny who has his neighbors quad and just wants to have fun in the woodsman class..."

UglyMotha™
06-18-2004, 10:05 AM
yes i have raced woodsman, i have no problem admitting it :o but i really don't race ever, i would like to race more but it seems i just never have the time

and as for the woodsman crack i can't see how you gathered that it was towards johnny the only reason i said woodsman is cause how often do you see warriors racing in the upper classes, not to often and since your whinning bout them runnin you off the track, the crack was geared towards you

TC426EX
06-18-2004, 10:20 AM
I didnt say they drove ME off the track, I said they drove PEOPLE off the track. Im done with this back and forth baby stuff with you. You are a degenerate plain and simple and if I ever saw you in a race Id be running YOU off the track and sending you back to your "ugly motha." Then again I dont really hang at the back of the pack so I would have a pretty hard time riding near enough to you to do that. I better watch it, there goes my "ego" again, but I dont care, you started with me to begin with and I dont take kindly to that. Have a nice life, Im done posting with this tit for tat stuff...

UglyMotha™
06-18-2004, 10:40 AM
later http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/wedgy.gif

mersingt
06-18-2004, 11:46 AM
ladies ladies please, stop fighting :rolleyes: of course in a race with stock 4 wheelers a 400 will beat the warrior. but the 400ex has a more advanced motor than the warrior and the 400s motor came from a dirtbike the warrior has a 2 valve motor i have a 02 300ex and have been wanting to put a exhaust on it ever since we bought it new some people dont have the money to spend on atvs i hate to say it but there are more important things then going faster than the other guy cause in life theres gonna be someone eles whos gonna be a heck of a lot faster than you can dream about. ive been reading this post and you are argueing like abunch of irresponsible kendergardners over candy im disgusted with you

Juggalo
06-18-2004, 11:56 AM
warriors do suck! they are heavy, clunky and slow..6th gear?? big whoop! my friend casey casey used to have a warrior and we pushed that thing to its limits with catching air and riding and whatnot and believe me the limits are very small. even a HIGHLY modified warrior will have trouble dusting even a stock 400ex. sad really.

UglyMotha™
06-18-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by mersingt
kendergardners

ooooohhhhh the irony http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/uglylol.gif

400exrules
06-18-2004, 12:08 PM
warriors suck and i hate mine. Its so dang slow. I drag raced my grandma with it, she was in her electric wheel chair and she smoked me!!! 400ex all the way. GO HONDA!!!!

OH!!! now you see it our way.:devil:

HiZ
06-18-2004, 01:14 PM
I smoke those things on my TREK!

warrior369
06-18-2004, 01:30 PM
3 words... line it up....

TC426EX
06-18-2004, 01:44 PM
Ok we could line it up any day of the week and and then there are 3 words youll be saying...

Man, I lost....

and

they were right....

06-18-2004, 02:45 PM
Ok we could line it up any day of the week and and then there are 3 words youll be saying...

Man, I lost....

and

they were right.... :blah: rofl

outofsight
06-18-2004, 03:03 PM
I can give a warrior a big head start and ill still beat em so there aint no way one will be me unless he has it totaaly decked out.

440EXkid
06-19-2004, 12:14 PM
i drag race alot in my town and the only thing more pathetic than dragging a tricked out warrior is dragging and even slower tricked out blaster warriors are a thing of the past get used to it

Quad Dude
07-04-2004, 09:41 AM
well we raced and just about every one of u were right the 400 walked from that warrior in every gear an by the time he got his wound out i was coming back to race him again. and some might be thinking wel maybe that other kids inexpeinced.. nope cuz his Raptor will walk from my 400 like crazy on a wheelie. so the race was fare rider wise but definatly not Quad wise..

thx for everyones input

04'400ex'er
07-04-2004, 11:51 AM
Warriors are gay and slow. I walked away from one in a sand drag by like 20 lengths ant the end of the strip and my bike is slow.How can warrior boy, yes warrior396, i am talking about you, say they are fast. If you are racing boyou 220's, it is a little fast, but to say they are fast now a days... thats like comparing them to raptors and z400's and 450's and....400ex'es. I laugh sooo hard every time I read past your post when you say..."line it up". You have no clue.:o

400_ex_man1987
07-11-2004, 05:40 PM
I have raced a warrior that is more done up then my almost stock 400EX and believe you me the warrior had nothin on me. my 400 has K&N and exhaust. the warrior has stage 3 jet kit, exhaust, filter and 16 tooth sprocket. 400EX no comparison

chucked
07-11-2004, 08:19 PM
haha i lost to a warrior the other day... might I add that im only getting 80 lbs of compression.....

04'400ex'er
07-11-2004, 08:23 PM
:rolleyes:

chucked
07-11-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by 04'400ex'er
:rolleyes:

hey now..... i got a new motor on the way.......

daimon1054
07-11-2004, 08:34 PM
HUM let me get this right you guys are arguing over a 20 year old 2 valve sport quad VS a newer design 4V quad that was made as a race quad. OK they weigh the same thing and both have 4 wheels, that is where it ends.

OK kids
Mojave
Blaster
Warrior
300ex
that is the what you compair

400ex
Z400 and it's clones are in the same class
Pred 500

All the 450's go togther get it? There are reasons that they are in different classes. Now go argue over whats better a cow or a chicken.

chucked
07-11-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by daimon1054
HUM let me get this right you guys are arguing over a 20 year old 2 valve sport quad VS a newer design 4V quad that was made as a race quad. OK they weigh the same thing and both have 4 wheels, that is where it ends.

OK kids
Mojave
Blaster
Warrior
300ex

400ex
Pred 500

All the 450's go togther get it? There are reasons that they are in different classes. Now go argue over whats better a cow or a chicken.

cow smokes a chicken

04'400ex'er
07-11-2004, 08:42 PM

OK kids
Mojave
Blaster
Warrior
300ex

400ex
Pred 500

All the 450's go togther get it? There are reasons that they are in different classes. Now go argue over whats better a cow or a chicken. This all started over a kid thinkin his warrior was faster than his friends 400EX. then the warrior boys ware ready to line it up. What losers...:rolleyes:

lol
07-12-2004, 09:06 AM
wtf why r u saying this people, i ride with warriors all the time, they smoke me!!!!! I have no chance whatsoever:rolleyes: :p

balsterboi69
07-12-2004, 12:19 PM
ok ur dad must really suck at clutch and shifting because my dad was on the warrior and i was on a 400ex we were going like 5mph and we hammered them and he was only like 1.5 atv lenghts away thats good 4 a 350 v 400 and the warrior was a 2002 the 400 is a 2004 so if u have the clutch down on the warrior u can keep up with the 400's

WOracing
07-12-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by 440EXkid
i drag race alot in my town and the only thing more pathetic than dragging a tricked out warrior is dragging and even slower tricked out blaster

blasters can be made to screw, dont start with blasters. i know a kid with a blaster that would hand my *** to me...this blaster tops out at 85 mph

400EXCHAD
07-12-2004, 01:22 PM
ALL YOU WANT TO BE RACERS PLEASE READ THIS.

FIRST OF ALL I DO OWN A 03' 400EX. BUT I DID OWN A 2001 WARRIOR LAST YEAR. SOME OF YOU SAY NO WAY A 400 COULD LOSE TO A WARRIOR? I GOT NEWS FOR YOU. MY WARRIOR WAS BONE STOCK. I MEAN BONE STOCK. NOT EVEN A FILTER IN IT. I HAD A COLD FUSION NITROUS KIT ON IT. WITH 22F 18N PILLS IN IT. A VERY MILD SHOT. I RACED A 2001 400EX THAT HAD A WHITE BROS PIPE, K&N FILTER, AND THE RIDER WAS ABOUT 30 PDS LIGHTER.

WHEN WE RACED MOTOR ON MOTOR HE BEAT MY WARRIOR ABOUT 4-5 BIKE LENGTHS. WHEN I SPRAYED MINE I OUT-RUN HIM ABOUT 6 BIKE LENGHTS.

SO THERES THE PROOF. I THINK HANDS DOWN HONDA MAKES THE BEST STUFF. JUST MY OPINION. BUT DONT DOWNGRADE WARRIORS. NOT THE BEST SELLING ATV FOR NO REASON. THERE "HAY-DAYS" PASSED ALONG TIME AGO, BUT THEY ARE A VERY RELIABLE ALL AROUND GOOD BIKE.

I LOVE MY 400EX. THE WARRIOR WAS JUST A LIL TO SLOW FOR ME. I USED TO OWN A HONDA ALONG TIME AGO. NOW I GOT A 400EX. I LIKE YAMAHA OR HONDA. BOTH MAKE GREAT ATVS. AS FAR AS SUZUKI & KAWI, I WOULD NOT TAKE ONE OVER A YAMA OR HONDA. AND I WOULDNT WANT A POLARIS OR A BOMB.

IN EVERY ATV FORUM AND BOARD YOU GOT PEOPLE WHO WANT TO RAG ON OTHER PEOPLES ATVS. IF YOU SAID WARRIORS ARE JUNK AND WORTHLESS. THAN PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW ATV'S ARE LAUGHING BECAUSE THEY KNOW THE WARRIORS MAY NOT BE THE FASTEST, THE LIGHTEST, OR HANDLE THE BEST, BUT THERE A GREAT QUAD THAT WILL BE MISSED.

AND ONE MORE THING. IF YOU SAID A 300EX COULD BEAT A WARRIOR YOU NEED TO SEEK HELP. WHEN MY WARRIOR WAS BONE STOCK I RACED A 300EX MOTOR ON MOTOR AND PUT ABOUT 3 TENGTHS ON IT. WHEN I SPRAYED MINE IT PUT ABOUT 11 ON IT. SO THERES MORE FACTS!

H_W
07-12-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by 400EXCHAD

FIRST OF ALL I DO OWN A 03' 400EX. BUT I DID OWN A 2001 WARRIOR LAST YEAR. SOME OF YOU SAY NO WAY A 400 COULD LOSE TO A WARRIOR? I GOT NEWS FOR YOU. MY WARRIOR WAS BONE STOCK. I MEAN BONE STOCK. NOT EVEN A FILTER IN IT. I HAD A COLD FUSION NITROUS KIT ON IT. WITH 22F 18N PILLS IN IT. A VERY MILD SHOT. I RACED A 2001 400EX THAT HAD A WHITE BROS PIPE, K&N FILTER, AND THE RIDER WAS ABOUT 30 PDS LIGHTER.

WHEN WE RACED MOTOR ON MOTOR HE BEAT MY WARRIOR ABOUT 4-5 BIKE LENGTHS. WHEN I SPRAYED MINE I OUT-RUN HIM ABOUT 6 BIKE LENGHTS.

SO THERES THE PROOF.

I say there is no way that a stock warrior will beat a stock 400ex. Of course if you put nitrous on the warrior it is a whole new game.

daimon1054
07-12-2004, 02:25 PM
A good rider can out run a 400ex on a Mojave, Blaster or any other quad if the rider on the 400ex is not a good rider.

I raced a Warrior stock in a few MX races for 400cc and under quads and I smoked the snot out of every 400ex and Z400 in the class. Now I was a B class pro rider so BFD it was not the quad it was the rider but the fact that it can be done speaks well of the Warrior, it is a good quad but it is not in the same class as the 400ex it was never built to be.
All the arguments can not change this 1 fact, if you put equal riders on the 400ex and the Warrior and race it does not matter what the race is the 400ex will win.

chucked
07-12-2004, 02:48 PM

SO THERES THE PROOF. I THINK HANDS DOWN HONDA MAKES THE BEST STUFF. JUST MY OPINION. BUT DONT DOWNGRADE WARRIORS. NOT THE BEST SELLING ATV FOR NO REASON. THERE "HAY-DAYS" PASSED ALONG TIME AGO, BUT THEY ARE A VERY RELIABLE ALL AROUND GOOD BIKE.

I LOVE MY 400EX. THE WARRIOR WAS JUST A LIL TO SLOW FOR ME. I USED TO OWN A HONDA ALONG TIME AGO. NOW I GOT A 400EX. I LIKE YAMAHA OR HONDA. BOTH MAKE GREAT ATVS. AS FAR AS SUZUKI & KAWI, I WOULD NOT TAKE ONE OVER A YAMA OR HONDA. AND I WOULDNT WANT A POLARIS OR A BOMB.

IN EVERY ATV FORUM AND BOARD YOU GOT PEOPLE WHO WANT TO RAG ON OTHER PEOPLES ATVS. IF YOU SAID WARRIORS ARE JUNK AND WORTHLESS. THAN PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW ATV'S ARE LAUGHING BECAUSE THEY KNOW THE WARRIORS MAY NOT BE THE FASTEST, THE LIGHTEST, OR HANDLE THE BEST, BUT THERE A GREAT QUAD THAT WILL BE MISSED.

AND ONE MORE THING. IF YOU SAID A 300EX COULD BEAT A WARRIOR YOU NEED TO SEEK HELP. WHEN MY WARRIOR WAS BONE STOCK I RACED A 300EX MOTOR ON MOTOR AND PUT ABOUT 3 TENGTHS ON IT. WHEN I SPRAYED MINE IT PUT ABOUT 11 ON IT. SO THERES MORE FACTS!

OK LISTEN UP, HOW ABOUT PUTTING A SIMILAR NITROUS ON A STOCK I MEAN BONE STOCK 400EX AND TRY AGAIN......

OregonEXrider
07-12-2004, 06:29 PM
someone made a comment on page 1 about a stock banshee against a 400 ex. I am not much of a racer, just getting into this sport. I ride the dunes alot. I was watching my friend race, his 400ex is pipped and jetted and he was beating bone stock shee's out on the sand. Of course they were fairly short uphill races. I'm sure the shee would have out run him in the long run. Anyway my point being that the 400ex maybe considered outdated by some but if your compareing apples to apples the 400ex is still a great machine.

Oh yeah my last bike was a 250ex with a 310 kit in it and it would walk away from all the warriors I raced.

daimon1054
07-12-2004, 07:18 PM
The banshee stock pipes are pure crap and should be thrown away before it leaves the floor. In the dunes a piped banshee is hard to beat, outside the dunes it is not much better than a boat anchor IMO.

Toadz400
07-12-2004, 07:41 PM
outside the dunes it is not much better than a boat anchor IMO.

:o It's all about the rider...

daimon1054
07-12-2004, 09:18 PM
No it is about riding a street bike in the mud, it was not made to go there. The banshee was made to be a dune runner or for open areas and in that relm it is hard to beat. But it does not make torque, is wide and does not hook up, add that to the poor suspension for woods riding and you get a street bike in the mud when you take a banshee out of the dunes.

I always love watching bent axle banshees leaving the woods riding areas, or wating for them to catch up.

Toadz400
07-12-2004, 11:43 PM
No it is about riding a street bike in the mud, it was not made to go there. The banshee was made to be a dune runner or for open areas and in that relm it is hard to beat. But it does not make torque, is wide and does not hook up, add that to the poor suspension for woods riding and you get a street bike in the mud when you take a banshee out of the dunes.

I always love watching bent axle banshees leaving the woods riding areas, or wating for them to catch up.

I wish my Banshee was as fast as a street bike:o , but it doesn't handle like one in the mud...It's all about the rider, I do just fine in VERY tight woods and I can keep ahead...and I haven't bent my axle yet, it's been two years of riding in woods...what do you have to say about that?

Rdhanded2
07-13-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
a warrior cant touch a 400ex..a 300ex can pretty much beat a warrior

I have the 400ex in my sig, an 02 300ex, and an old 96 warrior. 3 of my friends all have warriors too. One is a 2001, the others are 2003. Stock for stock, the warrior can not keep up with the 400ex. No matter who is riding, because we always drag, and switch bikes. But, a stock 300ex can not keep up with the warrior. I know a lot of you love the 300, and will tell me I am stupid, or don'tknow what I am talking about. Mine rocks in the trails, and I really like it, but it is not as fast as my 96 warrior. Just plain fact.

mustang
07-13-2004, 04:58 PM
well now, i dunno bout the abandoned boy with the warrior story, but a warrior is tough and fast no matter what you say. If you can ride, and have some mods to a warrior, it will keep up. theres nothing more to say then line them up. :blah: rotflmao

mustang
07-13-2004, 05:07 PM

Golf clap for Captain obvious:blah: You are talking apples vrs oranges.... That made no sence my, stock bore supercharged mustang will kill a stock lt1 cammaro with flowmasters:D

daimon1054
07-13-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
I wish my Banshee was as fast as a street bike:o , but it doesn't handle like one in the mud...It's all about the rider, I do just fine in VERY tight woods and I can keep ahead...and I haven't bent my axle yet, it's been two years of riding in woods...what do you have to say about that?

I say when your ready head my way and we will put how ever much money you want on it. One problem though, the riding area is now limited to 45" wide max so you will never be allowed to take your shee of the trailer and if you were you would not fit through the trees.

OH how many Banshee's have won a GNCC or a GNC race? I am not knocking the banshee I am saying it was never made to be riden in the woods. You can beat yourself to death and feel like your going fast or you could get on a quad that was made to be there and find out what I am talking about.

04'400ex'er
07-13-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by OregonEXrider
someone made a comment on page 1 about a stock banshee against a 400 ex. I am not much of a racer, just getting into this sport. I ride the dunes alot. I was watching my friend race, his 400ex is pipped and jetted and he was beating bone stock shee's out on the sand. Of course they were fairly short uphill races. I'm sure the shee would have out run him in the long run. Anyway my point being that the 400ex maybe considered outdated by some but if your compareing apples to apples the 400ex is still a great machine.

Oh yeah my last bike was a 250ex with a 310 kit in it and it would walk away from all the warriors I raced. OK, that was my little brother, he has a 2004 shee that he spent like 5 tanks of gas breaking the motor in, has a K&N, and have been told by many a shee rider that has rode it that it wasen't your average stock shee. The head mechanic at the biggest delarship in tulsa told us the same thing after syncing the carbs. He was killing all 400ex'es, z400's, and he even beat a yami 450 and a honda 450. Many won't believe this post, and frankly, I don't care, but It is the truth.

Toadz400
07-13-2004, 10:02 PM
I say when your ready head my way and we will put how ever much money you want on it. One problem though, the riding area is now limited to 45" wide max so you will never be allowed to take your shee of the trailer and if you were you would not fit through the trees.

OH how many Banshee's have won a GNCC or a GNC race? I am not knocking the banshee I am saying it was never made to be riden in the woods. You can beat yourself to death and feel like your going fast or you could get on a quad that was made to be there and find out what I am talking about.

I have an EX too, but I suppose those aren't made to be out in the woods too huh?:o

And about the 45" wide max, so EX's can't go out there too? What's the point of those trails? An EX is 45.3 inches to be exact...guess they aren't good trail machines:rolleyes: .

I was just stating my opinion about a Banshee in the woods, it's not all that crappy that everyone makes it to be. What DO you ride anyway?

daimon1054
07-14-2004, 06:58 AM
To get a EX in you need to air down the tire to slide through the trap. In order to keep the area open, rules were put into place, for 4X4 quads no tires with lugs taller than 1" and nothing over 45".

I think the 45" is a little to little but I think they were trying to cut down on some of the kids on 450's and such because a few crashes have happened at speeds a little to high. They want to make it a family riding area. IMO they should have just made the trails one way but they never asked:macho :cool:

Either way we are going to have to do something or loose more riding areas to the tree hugging fun cops.

Toadz400
07-14-2004, 09:34 AM
To get a EX in you need to air down the tire to slide through the trap. In order to keep the area open, rules were put into place, for 4X4 quads no tires with lugs taller than 1" and nothing over 45".

I think the 45" is a little to little but I think they were trying to cut down on some of the kids on 450's and such because a few crashes have happened at speeds a little to high. They want to make it a family riding area. IMO they should have just made the trails one way but they never asked:macho :cool:

Either way we are going to have to do something or loose more riding areas to the tree hugging fun cops.

Oh okay I see now. Yea, one-way trails are always good, that way you don't have to worry as much about coming head on to a 450 hauling *** with those width restrictions.

MY450R
07-14-2004, 12:41 PM
once upon a time back in the days when the warrior was the chit i had one prolly in 87 nothing could touch a warrior not even the new 230 quad sport
then i ran it off a cliff good bye warrior
now i have a 400 ex and they are going the way of the warrior
to never never land so i bought a 450r and haven't lost a race yet but the day will come when i do maybe
but in a couple years it will be old and again i will buy the latest
goes to show ya everything has had its day whether its now or many,many years ago
so dont knock the warrior please
i know im old so dont say it
:p

MY450R
07-14-2004, 12:41 PM
once upon a time back in the days when the warrior was the chit i had one prolly in 87 nothing could touch a warrior not even the new 230 quad sport
then i ran it off a cliff good bye warrior
now i have a 400 ex and they are going the way of the warrior
to never never land so i bought a 450r and haven't lost a race yet but the day will come when i do maybe
but in a couple years it will be old and again i will buy the latest
goes to show ya everything has had its day whether its now or many,many years ago
so dont knock the warrior please
i know im old so dont say it
:p

exdave
08-09-2004, 01:32 AM
well, i have had the experience of owning a warrior and 400ex. my warrior was one "bad chicken". it had a 446cc bore and stroker kit in it.... +2 +4 inch durablue axle... the frame was powdercoated "yamaha blue". A yellow 2 inch extended swing arm and 2 inch extended a-arms. Answer race bars... um a block off plate and i think that was just about it..........but it was fast, and now i own an '04 400ex and ill tell ya... the warrior was nice, it would probably smoke my 400ex in a drag race, but ill tell you... a stock 400ex vs a stock warrior? you gotta be kidding me. the 400ex is 50cc bigger and also almost 25 pounds lighter.

zccopwrx
08-10-2004, 06:00 AM
No, its safe to say a STOCK 400ex would BLOW away a piped warrior.

Why? Because my buddy had a piped warrrior, and I could easily give him 10-15 bike lengths head start, and I would still FLY by him by 150-200ft.

I pissed him off so much that he sold it and got a Raptor 660R.. piped, jetted... the table turned against me now.

The warrior felt like I was driving my lawn mower. The suspension was really stiff and didnt sit low enough to make me feel safe, the only wheelie I could get with is was if I was standing on the grab bar..

Its a great bike, I just wouldnt ever.. ever race anyone thats not a 4x4 with it.

frosti108
08-10-2004, 02:56 PM
i agree the 400ex is way better and faster than the warrior.
also, for those of you who say the warrior is a nice bulletproof quad, WRONG. theyre known for a cracked frame from minor jumping :eek2:
but i do have respect for them. my friend has one with all the speed mods and we raced many times until topped out and he beat me everytime. the only thing is that i still have a stock header, and my clutch slips in 4th and 5th gear at WOT.
as soon as i get my sparks exhaust and a new clutch, ill race him and i expect to atleast run even :D
bottom line- warriors are respectable, but just arent meant to hang with quads like the 400ex in many many aspects

dynofox
08-10-2004, 07:04 PM
Take a look at the shoot-out in the sept issue of dirtwheels (400ex vs 300ex vs raptor 350). I don't believe everything I read but according to them the raptor 350 (warrior) is a close match for the 300ex and the 400ex is in a whole different league. For the slight difference in price of the raptor 350 and 400ex I don't know who wouldn't buy the 400 over the 350 raptor.

300ex13
08-10-2004, 07:31 PM
a 300ex and a warrior might actually get close...even a 300ex and a Craptor 350 would be close but a 300 would beat um both

clover
08-10-2004, 09:55 PM
well i've put my rap350 up against a 400ex,with equal riders on both and the ex beat me by about 4 quad lengths in a 75 yard drag.Mine against the 300ex,i won by about 3 quad lenths.400ex is in a whole different class than the rap/warrior and shouldn't be compared,because the ex will win everytime.