PDA

View Full Version : Gt thunder link feedback needed

kazpr
06-12-2004, 08:42 PM
Ok those that have it can you please tell me if it is a god send or what? Did you get the shock revavled. Please gimme info thanks Scott.

WhiteZee
06-12-2004, 11:50 PM
im ordering the linkage monday. you do have to get the rear shock revalved.

kazpr
06-13-2004, 12:14 AM
White can you tell me the price on the 2? I was @ the sand dunes this weekend and the whoops were killing me I am truly hoping this would help ALOT!! Thanks

WhiteZee
06-13-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by joe1l
Ok, everyone We all lover our 450R's, but if you have had any experience riding whoops, then you will know the 450r has a tendency to buck over the whoops. Well, i think I found a solution that does not require you to spend $1000 on a new shock and linkage (like the elka setup). I was just about to go buy the elka setup when I stumbled on some information that Lazurus Sommers for GT Thunder was working on a linkage for the 450r, that would calm the bucking, he had done it before already for the 400ex with great success. GT THUNDER 400EX REAR LINKAGE (http://www.gtthunder.com/400exRearLink.html) Any how I called Lazarus and placed my order. The new rear linkage ($125)would require you to have your shock revalved ($75), and new bearings for the linkage(50) or you can use your old bearings from your stock linkage. Anyhow I installed the likage and ran it Saturday for about 7 hours, and all i can say is WOW!! The linkage changes the angle the shock is on, and puts it so that shock is more straight up than on an angle, much like that of a yfz450. This alows the rear to sit an inch or so lower, and gives the rear more travel. Well I installed it this weekend, and i didn't get the chance to even adjust my ride height properly, but regardless, i have never been faster riding this thing. The rear stayed put, and was soo much nicer to ride!! The only thing is that you will have to cut your skid plate on your swing arm to make it fit, but I bought a new PRM skid plate, and it fit perfect with the addition of a tiny spacer. This is a mod that i recomend to everyone with a TRX.

sparky450AR
06-13-2004, 12:43 AM
I've heard very good things about the GT setup, but does anyone have experience with the HOLZ linkage? They seem like a good company that test there product.

kazpr
06-13-2004, 12:57 AM
Carbon II hood. Sparky what is that? :)

sparky450AR
06-13-2004, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by kazpr
Carbon II hood. Sparky what is that? :)

It's the "new style" Quad Tech hood with the scoop. Sorry I should've been more clear in the signature. Ill be posting good pics next week when i get it installed.

kazpr
06-13-2004, 01:48 AM
OO sparky please do I was about to order the flat one but will wait now to see that one!! Thanks alot Scott

sparky450AR
06-13-2004, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by kazpr
OO sparky please do I was about to order the flat one but will wait now to see that one!! Thanks alot Scott

No problem, I had a hell of a time getting the hood, but i think its gonna be worth it. Quadtech lied a couple times about when there hood shipments were comming in. So I gave the people the credit card number and odered it. Two weeks later I called and told them my name, asked if it had shipped and they said they didnt have records of me ordering it!:mad: :grr: So i re-ordered it.