PDA

View Full Version : sumthings wrong.

JIMFROMTEXCO
06-12-2004, 12:24 PM
ok after ridin my 330 for an hour today i noticed oil on were the bolts to the cylinder my only guess is head gasket? if anyone can help me out id greatly appreciate it! i want to double up the headgasket anyhow to get the compression down to were i can 94 octane it thanks

TC426EX
06-12-2004, 12:53 PM
Sounds like a headgasket to me. Sounds like its time to either get heavy duty head studs, or heli-coil the ones you have now. If you dont this will just become a persistent problem and you will end up stretching the threads on your head bolts after a while. I had to go with the head stud kit on my 12:1 426 after blowing 2 gaskets. Thats the only remedy. As for doubling up the gaskets to alter the compression, it sounds like it would work (although i never heard anyone doing it), but im not sure if it will lower your comp. enough to run pump gas. If you built a fire breathing 330ex then keep the compression and just keep using the race gas man. Thats one thing that goes along with a high performance engine kit, but you can do what you want...