PDA

View Full Version : hoods for 300ex

JIMFROMTEXCO
06-12-2004, 08:18 AM
i saw pics of pvt maggots 300 with a stock 250r hood and head light and got to thinking that i reall like that he is selling his if it were whit i would buy it up and mount it but my bike is white. i would like one in blue or white cuz thats what the color scheme is im going with this winter. i would just like to no how much work has to go inot this. thanks

Pvt. Maggot
06-12-2004, 03:18 PM
lol...i'm the only one who can give you an answer to this because i'm the only one who has done it...its not hard at all...if you buy a hood i'll run you through all the steps.

300exPat
06-12-2004, 03:27 PM
u sure about that pvt. maggot? dont forget about lil old me :D

Pvt. Maggot
06-12-2004, 04:20 PM
oh yeah lol...you never got me pics.

Cody_300ex
06-12-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by JIMFROMTEXCO
i saw pics of pvt maggots 300 with a stock 250r hood and head light and got to thinking that i reall like that he is selling his if it were whit i would buy it up and mount it but my bike is white. i would like one in blue or white cuz thats what the color scheme is im going with this winter. i would just like to no how much work has to go inot this. thanks

Feather Carbon makes a carbon fiber hood for a 300ex, www.feathercarbon.com

Pvt. Maggot
06-12-2004, 06:33 PM
yukkk those things arn't worth buying...there so ugly..def not worth it...they should be all one peice with the tank plastic or something...terrible design

roostin_dale
06-12-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Pvt. Maggot
yukkk those things arn't worth buying...there so ugly..def not worth it...they should be all one peice with the tank plastic or something...terrible design

i agree, yours looks much better than a 300ex hood...

4wheelboy
06-12-2004, 08:18 PM

can u post them pics? wut kind of hood is it?:confused:

Cody_300ex
06-12-2004, 08:20 PM

I actually like them a lot. I would just rather have go-fast goodies instead of look-good goodies.

M300ex03
06-12-2004, 08:36 PM
Today i put my prm bumber on and my feathers carbon hood and its looks great :cool:

Pvt. Maggot
06-12-2004, 10:43 PM
heres my thought on them....they don't take away the bubble kiddy look from the 300...its still there...with the 250 hood i used...all gone. theres no comparing them...i followed the thread about those hoods untill they finally got them out...and i can't believe i actually waited for it....i'm glad i didn't pre order or buy one...i'll get some pics of both so you can compare them...i think the 300 one is still like 130 or something i forget how much...but its the same as the bigger better looking 250r one...so i dunno...oh well lol..

queenjr
06-14-2004, 09:00 PM
I made them according to what the customer wanted and it makes it easier to install when you stick with factory parameters.
If I incorporated the tank plastic into the part the price would be too much.

Cody_300ex
06-14-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by queenjr
I made them according to what the customer wanted and it makes it easier to install when you stick with factory parameters.
If I incorporated the tank plastic into the part the price would be too much.

queenjr I think the hood looks awesome personlay! i dont think you could do much better.:cool: