PDA

View Full Version : help ordering steel handlebars

mikeman828
06-12-2004, 06:00 AM
Hey guys,

Just wanted a little help with recomendations for some steel replacement bars for my 400ex. I tweaked my stock ones and want to get some replacements like MSR, etc...

Anyone know what a good bar is that's close to the stock 400ex bend/height??

What is the stock bend for the 400ex? I'm guessing it's 4" bend (?) that's what I measured. By 31 wide....

Thanks...:confused:

TC426EX
06-12-2004, 07:50 AM
Do yourself a favor and shell out for the Renthal stock 400ex bend bars. They are the exact same bend and you will NOT bend them. You can flip them all down 10 hills and not bend them. You will bend the stem before you bend them. Those are the closest to the stock bend you can get. I know you probably want the stock bend because you are used to it. Let me say that I switched to a CR-Hi bend renthal that is more flat and wide and they have way better feel and control. You might want to try a bar like that, once people use them they never go back. I just dont like how the stock ones are so swept back and narrow... those are not the best characteristics for superb handling. Its up to you, but the renthal is the closest youll get to a stock bend...

rollie
06-13-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by TC426EX
Do yourself a favor and shell out for the Renthal stock 400ex bend bars. They are the exact same bend and you will NOT bend them. You can flip them all down 10 hills and not bend them. You will bend the stem before you bend them. Those are the closest to the stock bend you can get. I know you probably want the stock bend because you are used to it. Let me say that I switched to a CR-Hi bend renthal that is more flat and wide and they have way better feel and control. You might want to try a bar like that, once people use them they never go back. I just dont like how the stock ones are so swept back and narrow... those are not the best characteristics for superb handling. Its up to you, but the renthal is the closest youll get to a stock bend...

yup!! ive fliped my quad going up a hill from 5 feet up landed right on the bars...nothing happened with steel bars they would have bend or broken so i say get the renthals!!:)