PDA

View Full Version : "Jetting" a Lectron Carb

400exJOE
03-24-2002, 07:14 PM
Ok, as many of you know, I have a 38mm flatside lectron carb that I was trying to sell for $150, but nobody seemed to want it. I really want a cam, and when I get one, I may put the Lectron on. My question is: I know the lectrons don't use jets, so how do you adjust them? It was on a race ready 440, so after I do my cam it should be close, but I did turn the needle on it a few times to see what it did, so I am not sure if that changed anything or not. StevenGates or anyone else who has experience with the Lectrons, please help me out. Thanks

Dave400ex
03-24-2002, 08:16 PM
If StevenGates or Chris29 can`t help you, Call TC Racing.

DISHO1
03-24-2002, 09:26 PM
you will need to call tc racing to get the meter rod setting ( distance from slide insert to the end of the meter rod). i have a 36mm lectron but my meter rod lenght might not be the the same as the 38mm lectron. if you use the carb never change the meter rod length until the motor is at operating temperature. if you have to turn the meter rod in or out more than one turn then you will need a different meter rod. tom at tc racing will ask what number meter rod you have or where you got the carb.

also the non power jet lectron carbs that tc racing sells at are set to run rich at idle to 1/4 throttle so that there is no off idle "stumble" that are common with non accelerator pump carbs. this rich setting is why the lectrons will not idle very well. the problem with the throttle sticking with lectron carbs are caused by where the throttle cable seats in the top of the carb. if you pull the throttle cable it will get stuck on top of the cable adjuster ( the part on top of the carb where the throttle cable sets in ). a set screw will hold the cable down in there so it will not work its way up and get stuck a about 1/2 throttle.