PDA

View Full Version : R vs. YFZ dyno charts inside

jokerman_28
06-11-2004, 09:21 PM
trx450r in red, yfz450 in blue

horsepower/rpm
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid121/pcc5fa33d2b2349f3e8435f7a6550acb0/f84f91cb.jpg

horsepower/mph
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid121/p503881852c6658619bc7ff85fd14bec6/f84f91c2.jpg

torque/rpm
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid121/pc6d7679fd04094fe8c88d31e6594e370/f84f91c5.jpg

06-11-2004, 09:28 PM
450r is better like i thought...:p

mjtwvc
06-12-2004, 08:35 AM
some one should post these graphs in the yfz room to calm those
guys down they seem to think the yfz is unbeatable.

I know for a fact that the bikes are really close and its came down
to which of use got the best start between me and my bro.
so its not like im out looking for a yfz to race i ride with one so
were always testing are bikes against each other.

thanks for posting the graphs i have been wanting to see them
side by side :)

Honda Jay
06-12-2004, 09:19 AM
All I can say is. . . AWESOME! Nice numbers, thanks for the post.

Jay

#1speedbump
06-12-2004, 11:02 AM
while the hp #'s are relatively close the Honda flat spanked the Yammi in the torque curve.:blah: I also noticed the Honda didnt drop off as quick as the Yammi, pretty cool post

r450rr
06-12-2004, 11:59 AM
my favorite one is the torque one..:D

Scottie Mac
06-12-2004, 12:09 PM
Good thing we don't race dynos!!! :devil:

Scott

Maxx_Action
06-12-2004, 01:18 PM
I ...

wish that Laz qould do one of the TRX piped, jetted, filtered etc. vs the YFZ Cam mod, jetted, piped, filtered. Nobody runs them stock, let's see what they do modded a little...

Maxx

4fiddyR
06-12-2004, 01:38 PM
Torque is more important than horsepower anyway, that's awsome. I pull a guy off the holeshot everytime and he has the YFZ with a GYTR full pipe, cam mod, jetted, and no air box lid. He gets pissed I get him everytime, I told him I had more torque than him, here is the proof stock for stock in the graphs. My mods compare to his, except I replaced my stock cam and he turned his a tooth.

Also more torque proof for ya. I'm an auto tech at a Toyota Dealership in my area. Our new 4 Runners come in a 4.7L V-8, and a 4.0LV-6, I'll take the V-6 over the V-8 anyday, it has more torque than the V-8, and it's easier on gas. The V-8 put's it to shame on paper with Horsepower, but that isn't what it's all really about. It feels more powerful and everything. You just gotta love Technology!:devil:

tkwarrior
06-12-2004, 01:45 PM
I thought I saw these dynos posted here a couple of months ago but it must have been another forum.

Anyway the Honda goes into double spark mode at 8400 rpms and that's why the graphs stop below the real rev limiter on the R. I believe this is one of the most honest comparisions between the two current 450's.

tkwarrior
06-12-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by 4fiddyR
Torque is more important than horsepower anyway, that's awsome. I pull a guy off the holeshot everytime and he has the YFZ with a GYTR full pipe, cam mod, jetted, and no air box lid. He gets pissed I get him everytime, I told him I had more torque than him, here is the proof stock for stock in the graphs. My mods compare to his, except I replaced my stock cam and he turned his a tooth.

Also more torque proof for ya. I'm an auto tech at a Toyota Dealership in my area. Our new 4 Runners come in a 4.7L V-8, and a 4.0LV-6, I'll take the V-6 over the V-8 anyday, it has more torque than the V-8, and it's easier on gas. The V-8 put's it to shame on paper with Horsepower, but that isn't what it's all really about. It feels more powerful and everything. You just gotta love Technology!:devil:

Huh??

http://www.kg4vpv.com/~ncliborne/4runner.jpg

4fiddyR
06-12-2004, 02:40 PM
Ha! My bad, Sorry bout that. I got them confused on HP and torque.
Forgive me? :blah:

swoulter
06-12-2004, 09:28 PM
I m glad you think the numbers are all great but when it comes down to it the Y is dominant pretty much everywhere. Sorry guys i used to be diehard honda with my 400 since it came out but overall yamahas quad spanks the good ole honda

Hammer trx450r
06-12-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by swoulter
I m glad you think the numbers are all great but when it comes down to it the Y is dominant pretty much everywhere. Sorry guys i used to be diehard honda with my 400 since it came out but overall yamahas quad spanks the good ole honda

Nice first post:huh you will find friends here for sure

06-12-2004, 10:31 PM
i posted those results on bluecraps & they are going nuts crying

sparky450AR
06-13-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
i posted those results on bluecraps & they are going nuts crying

Originally posted by Scottie Mac
Good thing we don't race dynos!!! :devil:

Scott

C'mon scottie. We know these graphs are a yammie guys worst nightmare!:devil: :p ;)

Scottie Mac
06-13-2004, 07:55 AM
Sparky,

I wish I could find that dang avatar of the smiley face flipping the bird! Damnitall!!!! :grr:

Scott

PS

I think "swoulter and jumbo"are going to make a cute couple.

sparky450AR
06-13-2004, 12:37 PM
Sparky,

I wish I could find that dang avatar of the smiley face flipping the bird! Damnitall!!!! :grr:

Scott

PS

I think "swoulter and jumbo"are going to make a cute couple.

I found one for ya scottie!:grr: :mad:

http://www.holgilein.de/schauda/verstrahltes/middle_finger.jpg

:p

Scottie Mac
06-13-2004, 04:34 PM
LOL, that is a good one. Looks a lot like one of my "good 'ol boy" friends.

Scott

06-13-2004, 06:12 PM
looks like one of your boyfriends...wtf dude..not kool :rolleyes:

Hammer trx450r
06-13-2004, 06:27 PM

:huh

Scottie Mac
06-13-2004, 08:21 PM

HAHAHAHAHA, you are too young to understand the "Odd Couple"

He is pretty much blue to the core, you are obviously blind red, opposites attrack, etc. Sarcasm, look it up.

Nevermind. :eek2:

Scott

allmixedup047
06-13-2004, 11:24 PM
i put mine on the dyno 3 weeks ago in oklahoma. have the hrc kit. it was 97 degrees in the trailer that we dyno'd in. i only cranked out 40.5 hp, 9760 rpm's, and 28.31 foot pounds, at 70 mph. i have a 13t front sprocket, and the guy said that it was the worst conditions to dyno with but i just did it to use the sniffer and see if i was lean or rich, and i was right on with my jetting. he said all the stock 450r's that he has dyno'd have put out 37 hp. and i HATE to ruin the party but sadly he said he had a stock yfz crank out almost 11,000 rpm's. but nobody else has to know about that, keep it on the DL:D

sparky450AR
06-13-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by allmixedup047
i put mine on the dyno 3 weeks ago in oklahoma. have the hrc kit. it was 97 degrees in the trailer that we dyno'd in. i only cranked out 40.5 hp, 9760 rpm's, and 28.31 foot pounds, at 70 mph. i have a 13t front sprocket, and the guy said that it was the worst conditions to dyno with but i just did it to use the sniffer and see if i was lean or rich, and i was right on with my jetting. he said all the stock 450r's that he has dyno'd have put out 37 hp. and i HATE to ruin the party but sadly he said he had a stock yfz crank out almost 11,000 rpm's. but nobody else has to know about that, keep it on the DL:D

were you running slicks? GT thunders website said that can make over a 5 HP difference.

Scottie Mac
06-14-2004, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by sparky450AR
were you running slicks? GT thunders website said that can make over a 5 HP difference.

That is one of the major problems with Dynos. The different variables from one to another. A person who knows how to manipulate a dyno can show dramatic differences in one run to the next. Plus, some use slicks, some use stock knobbies. BUT, I do believe that Laz @ GT Thunder is an impartial dyno guy. My point is people get all caught up in dyno numbers (Yamaha guys preach hp, Honda guys preach torque) I like to preach "line 'em up and go!" To me, that is real world. Win some, lose some, have fun.

Scott

southbeach14
06-14-2004, 08:23 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 4fiddyR
[B]Torque is more important than horsepower anyway, that's awsome. I pull a guy off the holeshot everytime and he has the YFZ with a GYTR full pipe, cam mod, jetted, and no air box lid. He gets pissed I get him everytime, I told him I had more torque than him, here is the proof stock for stock in the graphs. My mods compare to his, except I replaced my stock cam and he turned his a tooth.

lets see you get the holeshot from a dead engine start
:devil:

allmixedup047
06-14-2004, 12:50 PM
yeah i was running slicks. and i just put it in 5th gear about 1/4 throttle and then when he said go i just put all my thumb into it until it hit the rev limiter.

allmixedup047
06-14-2004, 12:55 PM
between me and one of my buddies down there with the cam mod and re-jetted, we where about even. he would win some and i would win some. but im a 235 pound rider and hes like a 160 pound rider.

loons
06-14-2004, 12:58 PM

You talk a lot of $hit for some litle kid. I own a YFZ, but rode red before. I picked my brothers 450R up on saturday and I really like it. I would of bought one if honda didn't drag thier asses putting the 450 out. It's all what color you prefer. Both bikes are awesome. And about Bluetraxx, you know if they came over here and posted dyno charts of the YFZ showing better numbers, you would be crying too. I will say one thing. The YFZ responds better to cheap mods. Lets find a Dyno chart of the yfz vs 450 R with Pipe, filter, jetting, and lid off. I gurantee teh yfz will have better number. Not by much, but still. This war between the yfz and the 450r has to stop. It's stupid. Especially when Doug Gust on a suzuki is whooping everyones asses right now.

Scottie Mac
06-14-2004, 01:01 PM
Jumbo bleeds red, nothing wrong with that. Especially if he is satisfied with his machine. I was just yanking his chain, that is why he left that responce. No harm, no foul.

Scott

sparky450AR
06-14-2004, 01:02 PM
That is one of the major problems with Dynos. The different variables from one to another. A person who knows how to manipulate a dyno can show dramatic differences in one run to the next. Plus, some use slicks, some use stock knobbies. BUT, I do believe that Laz @ GT Thunder is an impartial dyno guy. My point is people get all caught up in dyno numbers (Yamaha guys preach hp, Honda guys preach torque) I like to preach "line 'em up and go!" To me, that is real world. Win some, lose some, have fun.

Scott

I agree, laz knows his dynos. You can just tell. I also agree line em up and lets go. And i agree with loons, this **** has to stop....because when the suzuki comes out the yamaha and the honda will be outdated anyway!:devil: ;) ;) ;)

loons
06-14-2004, 03:35 PM
Jumbo bleeds red, nothing wrong with that. Especially if he is satisfied with his machine. I was just yanking his chain, that is why he left that responce. No harm, no foul.

Scott

He may bleed red, but it is obviously out of a vagina once a month. He does nothing but stir **** up, and tell everyone else how they are inferior. Beat a utility quad by more than one quad length, and then talk $hit. Normally a 13 year old kid wouldn't bother me, but he spouts off because it is teh internet. He knows damn well that if he ever was face to face with the people he calls out he would keep his mouth shut.

And how many people does he think he has actually persuaded to go buy a honda by talking $hit, starting arguments, and posting pics of one burt up yfz? I guess I am just gonna have to start posting the pics of all the hondas getting their asses handed to them in the desert. Or maybe Timm Farr whining like a little ***** because Honda can't seem to set his quad up right.

Like I said, all the fighting needs to stop. I know I am just making it worse, but I see how this kid acts over at Bluetraxx and it pisses me off. Where I am from, if you are gonna spout off and show blantant disrespect for someone, you better A. be able to back up the $hit you talk, or B. be willing to take an asswhooping.

I would think growing up a hick in some *** backwords town would of taught him something about that. Obviously not. I'll probably catch a ration of $hit for this but I don't care. I see this on everysite. Little kids talking tough. You have to weed through 8 pages of B.S. just to find some usefull information. Oh well.

Don't get me wrong. I like the 450R's too. I just don't see how you can find entertainment out of talking $hit on someone because of the type of quad they ride.

06-14-2004, 05:52 PM
:rolleyes: your the one that is crying...i only posted a pic. of the burnt up YFZ asking wtf happened to it...im sure it wasnt yamahas fault but the rider doing something stupid b/c no quad just burns like that...your the one that needs an asswoopin too mr. 18 posts thinking hes been around for a long time :rolleyes: have fun "posting the pics of all the hondas getting their asses handed to them in the desert"b/c thats about all you can do prob is post some pics

allmixedup047
06-14-2004, 08:25 PM
now days quads are like computers. you buy the best one and in 2 months its out dated. and it doesnt matter if its out dated because look at the 250r. you could put doug gust on anything and he would dominate, just like any one of the great riders. just so happens that gust is having a better year than tim farr. every body needs to just understand that no matter what you have there will always be something better. so everybody just needs to chill out and go ride and have fun, because thats what we all bought these things for wasnt it. not to fight over them.:)

ashley grimes
07-10-2004, 06:11 AM
I tell you what Yamaha fans,call me in 2 to 3 years and lets see who's is faster then.You'll have your yfz450 on ebay parting it out execpt the motor cause it wont be worth anything .Just to be able buy yourself a used 450r.lol

CdaleXtreme
07-10-2004, 10:26 AM
The Hondas reliablilty cannot be argued. The engineers know something over at Honda that the others dont. They can build things that last I dont get it, but its true. You look at any other bike and in two years of racing all the hardware is stripped out or broken. Its failing failing apart. The worse thing I have seen with the 450R yet is its plastic. That stuff cracks fairly easily. But The 450R parts are so cheap if you have a discount of some sort.

ashley grimes
07-10-2004, 02:31 PM
You hit the nail on the head.Well spoken.

Punk'd
07-10-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by sparky450AR
I found one for ya scottie!:grr: :mad:

http://www.holgilein.de/schauda/verstrahltes/middle_finger.jpg

:p

ROFL

TRX450R2
07-10-2004, 09:41 PM
back to the subject, let's see some more charts?:)

04'400ex'er
07-10-2004, 09:56 PM
I think the Yamaha and the Honda are both great machines. It is preference on the two, in my opinion. I personally will coose the Honda because I like Hondas. I D/K if the Yami beat it by 5 bike lengths, I would still ride Honda. The point is, there is no reasin to argue over which is faster, because they both screem and we should be happy sport atv'ing is at this level. Look back 3 yrs ago when it was 400EX and Banshee. Also, the the guys in blue, I have no problem with you and mean not to flame anyone, but you picked the wrong place to argue about which is what, not sayin you are, but people on here will just talk lots of chit to ya cuz you are like enemy's to many.

MY450R
07-12-2004, 08:15 AM
one of mt buddies got his wfz a couple weeks ago and rode it home from the dealer.when he got home,he noticed that the brakes were not that great come to find out he bent the brake rotor on a rock
my question is why doesn't yamaha make a guard for it without having to buy one for it
by the way,i beat his ***** every time we race and yes hes ridden b4
i couldn't resist putting that in there lol

VegasDude
02-07-2005, 08:47 PM
[i]lThe Hondas reliablilty cannot be argued. The engineers know something over at Honda that the others dont. They can build things that last I dont get it, but its true. You look at any other bike and in two years of racing all the hardware is stripped out or broken. Its failing failing apart. The worse thing I have seen with the 450R yet is its plastic. That stuff cracks fairly easily. But The 450R parts are so cheap if you have a discount of some sort. [/B]

Well I own both the YFZ and the 450R, but now I am finding out that the 450R may have a crank bearing problem.........................so what is this about reliability.............?

Jersey450R
02-08-2005, 06:02 AM
we have to keep this thread alive. i knew when i bought my R that it killed the yfz in torque, i just knew it in the seat of the pants feel. now them dyno charts are added proof. i cant wait to get 4 of my buddies over here and show them.
And yes, then we will go line up outside :blah:

Sandgod4
02-08-2005, 07:52 PM
The last five vids on this page should clear a few things up...
http://www.dunereview.com/readersvideos.htm

29FTEX
02-08-2005, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Sandgod4
The last five vids on this page should clear a few things up...
http://www.dunereview.com/readersvideos.htm

Nice videos, but it only proves that that guy got beat, not the whole Honda 450R community.

tdsongster
02-08-2005, 09:12 PM
Lets face it, you all are wrong. It is not the bike, it is the skill of the rider. Everyone so desperately want to buy skill with a bike. Sorry, can't do it. I hate the attitude that thinks if I go buy the latest and greatest expensive bike, then I am faster then everyone else...

jokerman_28
02-08-2005, 09:26 PM
can't agree more. in a couple more years quads are gonna be like dirtbikes, pick your color and ride.