PDA

View Full Version : steering stems

westcoastmxer
06-11-2004, 08:23 PM
hey guys i bent my steering stem pritty bad today and figured i would get an after market one..so who do u guys prefere and whos one of the cheapest and were can i get the best deal?..also wut would a longer one do?

INFANTRY RACING
06-11-2004, 10:53 PM
stay with the stock one. they are cheap and they take more abuse than a few aftermarkets i have had

400ex28
06-11-2004, 11:03 PM
yeah the stock one shouldent be as much money but u can get an aftermarket one i still have the stock on mine...

TC426EX
06-12-2004, 08:08 AM
Steering stems are a WASTE of money. I shelled out for an ARENS one and it bent first small crash through a whoop section when I got tossed sideways. Ive seen people bend Lonestars, Laegers, and Roll designs just as easy. They make them stronger, but they are still designed to bend so that they dont tweak your upper headstay on your frame. ANY stem you buy will bend, so go with stock. It just is a question of whether you want to bend a cheap part or a 250-400.00 part. I have heard that going with a stock one and welding a steel tube down the inside hollow part of the stem works better than aftermarket... You could buy and trash 4-5 used stock ones off ebay for the price of an aftermarket. I reccomend aftermarket for everything, but a stem is one part that is definitely not worth replacing. The anti-vibe mounts are the biggest advantage and even those dont make a night and day difference. Go stock again and forget about it....

400ex28
06-12-2004, 11:03 AM
^ yeah what he said... ^