PDA

View Full Version : 40 Pilot Jet Part Number

400ex Magnum
08-27-2001, 08:36 AM
I went into my dealer on Saturday to order a few things and pick up a 40 pilot jet for the 400. The guy behind the counter says they don't have any in stock and will have to order it. I don't mind as they have to order everything else. Then they tell me that since they don't sell many of them, I have to order all 5 that comes in the package (I assumed in different sizes). I finally got fustrated and told them to shove it. I already have a 42 and don't need any more sizes beside the 40. I guess I really got pissed at the counter guy and started asking why they don't carry more parts for the 400ex, they only sell about 100 of these a year (they are a big dealer). His comment was they would rather carry nerf bars and K&N kits in stock and order the OEM parts (5-7 day wait). I have news for them, if they can't carry some basic parts in stock, I will buy everything I can from Rocky Mountain or Marcums and save a few bucks and not deal with their stupidity.

Anyway, I am done venting know. Does anyone know the part number in Service Honda for the 40 pilot jet? If I can get the Honda part number, maybe the morons can figure out how to order just one.

08-27-2001, 10:30 AM
Dennis kirk carries them,,,sorry don't know the part number..:D

400ex Magnum
08-27-2001, 01:53 PM
Thanks Rico. I did figure out the Honda part number by pulling up the 38 pilot jet number and changing the 38 in the part number to 40, and presto, the #40 pilot jet part number. I am thinking about going back into the Honda dealer and showing them how to understand part numbers, but its probably not worth getting upset about.

08-27-2001, 07:50 PM
Breathe deep, yeah them knuckle heads can get rich on them jet kits and not on a 3 or 4 dollar jet. Oh well, I'll probably buy my pilot from dennis kirk. Hey Rico or somebody, what series carb is on the 400ex.
Tell me when you get your new set-up in magnum, I know you will be impressed what a couple inexpensive mods can do.
John

08-28-2001, 07:56 AM
Keihn carbs come on 400ex's....