PDA

View Full Version : Hot Cam stage 2 question urgent!!!!

atvracr350
06-11-2004, 02:23 PM
I got my hot cam stage 2 in today and i got to looking and i am not sure if it has that new thing welded on or not. I am not sure what it is called but you used to have to take the stock flange and press it on. Then hotcams supposedly started making their cams with it already welded on. How can you tell this? Can someone send me a picture of the two different ones one with it welded on and one without it. I know this is confusing but i couldn't figure out how to say it. Please help i am having engine work done next week and need to see if this is the right cam.

atvracr350
06-11-2004, 03:59 PM
Com on people i really need some help here. Is this the new cam or not? Will it work without problems?

Dupontster
06-11-2004, 05:12 PM
Are you talking about the thing that is on the stock cam before the sprocket. It should be a drop in cam right. We just put a stage 2 hotcam in my 400. We just put it in and it was fine.

hondarider2006
06-11-2004, 05:56 PM
Give Hot Cams a call, they can answer your question.

dariusld
06-11-2004, 09:04 PM
Describe the cam. Does it have a place where two bolts can screw into it, new one. If it doesn't , old one. If it looks like the one in the middle , old one.http://www.pro-flo.com/images/hotcam_pic.JPG

Dupontster
06-12-2004, 05:37 AM
This is the Dupontster Dad....We just put one in and on the old cam there is a piece on there that has to do with the compression release.....It is on the stock cam just behind the sprocket.....There is a little spring and pin in a hole in the head that has to be there with the stock cam....We bought a Hot Cams Stage 2 and in the directions it says to take that little pin and spring out because you will not need it.......I was concerned about that mess behind the sprocket as to how I was going to get it off.....We read the directions and it said that you will not need it .....We put it together and it ran just fine.....The stock cam goes over the little pin and when it turns one way it goes past the pin, but when it goes the other way the pin catches that part on the cam.....Hope I explained this right, but overall, you take the pin and spring (You'll need a magnet to get the spring out, it's easier) out and drop the cam right in and go.....

TC426EX
06-12-2004, 07:13 AM
Yeah, the hotcam doesnt use the stock decompression mechanism which is what you are describing. It must be removed, but will not affect the motor...

atvracr350
06-12-2004, 03:44 PM
sorry i haven't answered yalls questions but thanks i have determined it is a new cam. It does have a place two bolts can be screwed in and does not look like the one in the middle of that picture. thanks everyone.