PDA

View Full Version : Arens +1 stem - front brake line problem

Kurt Glore
06-11-2004, 12:58 PM
Just installed Arens +1 stem on my EX and the front brake line is really tight, not much slack at all. Wondering what others have done for this.

Most extended brake lines are extended for wider A Arms, right? What should I get?

Dave400ex
06-11-2004, 03:32 PM
Yep I have Galfer stainless lines and they are also very tight with the +1 stem. Not really anything to do, and I have ran mine like that for over a year with no problems. You will have that problem with all taller stems.

Jackie
06-11-2004, 04:23 PM
I used the stock lines, they don't look too tight and it works.

Sc0
06-11-2004, 08:48 PM
I'm too lazy to look at my KFX but if the EX is similar I would imagine that an extension bracket that raises the brakeline splitter could be used to compensate for the +1 stem. (assuming you had enough brakeline per wheel)

Mikey
06-12-2004, 09:58 AM
Streamline makes a kit that is all new from the master to the wheels. The top line is plenty long. I have a Burgard +1 Stem and it is perfect. How is your clutch cable?

Kurt Glore
06-12-2004, 05:35 PM
The clutch is fine. I rode yesterday and today and it seemed ok. I moved the brake lever over (in towards the middle) about 1.5 - 2 inches and that gave it some slack. The lever is still in a good position. I have back to back races the next two weekends, so I guess I'll get a good chance to try it out. With the lever moved over it seems to have a bit more slack now.