PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Bay

98300EX
03-24-2002, 06:47 PM
Man I took my first trip there this weekend. Awesome, gonna need some new handlebars and brake lever, but hey, it was still rideable. Very variable terrain, extremely easy to extremely difficult. Fast paced riding area, with a lot of good jumps. Just though I would give my $.02.

Striker49
03-24-2002, 10:41 PM
Hey, you live in Henderson....I dont think thats too far from here.
You comin to the ride in 2 weeks? The info is in my sig and there is a topic bout it in the Open Forum ("Important Update"). I love TB. I went by there today but I headed on down to Linton(sp). Ever heard of that? Anyways we'll have to hookup and ride at TB sometime.
Lata:cool:

Moto92
03-25-2002, 12:48 AM
So 98300EX, how were the trails as far a mud and ruts goes. It seems like it been raining for a month straight.
If its pretty bad now I dont see how the ground is going to hold anymore moisture. If it doesnt let up soon this is going to be one messy group ride.

98300EX
03-25-2002, 10:13 AM
sorry fellas but i don't think i will be able to make it that weekend, already have plans, man that sucks caus that is an awesome place to ride. As far as the conditions are concerned, surprisingly it wasn't as wet as i thought it would be down there. The low spots were muddy, but the place is so rocky that it wasn't too bad. Plus the ride isn't for another two weeks so it may improve more by then. The parking area was kind of nasty, but a little mud never hurt anyone.

Striker49
03-25-2002, 11:32 AM
It dries out pretty quick the times ive been up there cept for the low spots. It is rocky in some areas but its not real bad unless your by the lake and some of the hills are pretty rought but its all good. To bad you cant make it man, if things change come on down...we could always use another rider. :cool:

Castor-426ex
04-12-2002, 10:50 AM
Man I live in Paducah ky and I usually go to turkey bay every weekend....Let me know when you guys decide to go again, I love ridin down there...

98300EX
04-12-2002, 05:00 PM
going tomorrow man look for four of us 98 300 ex, honda rubicon 500, prairie 650, and bayou 400

Striker49
04-12-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Castor-400ex
Man I live in Paducah ky and I usually go to turkey bay every weekend....Let me know when you guys decide to go again, I love ridin down there...

I may get to go next weekend if I can get a ride but I dont think ill be able to. You ever heard of Symsonia? Its bout 30 mins from Paducah. Were not far apart. We'll try to get another group ride set up there this summer or somin and then you guys can come as well, you missed a good one last weekend. :cool:

Castor-426ex
04-12-2002, 10:55 PM
i went last sunday were you there? if so did you see the ds 650 baha...??? I only get a chance to go sundays cause I work saturday nights...dammit...I ride with two guys that got 500 rubicons...brand new ones too...one of those guys is a nut....he will climb or attempt to climb anything at Turkey bay..lol
I live in reidland I know where symsonia is...how far from the 4 way stop are ya?? you cant miss me if you see me in town I drive a purple s10....dont laugh...and most of the time I got my Ex in the back all shiny and mean lookin......

Striker49
04-13-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Castor-400ex
i went last sunday were you there? if so did you see the ds 650 baha...??? I only get a chance to go sundays cause I work saturday nights...dammit...I ride with two guys that got 500 rubicons...brand new ones too...one of those guys is a nut....he will climb or attempt to climb anything at Turkey bay..lol
I live in reidland I know where symsonia is...how far from the 4 way stop are ya?? you cant miss me if you see me in town I drive a purple s10....dont laugh...and most of the time I got my Ex in the back all shiny and mean lookin......

HAHA, that DS was sweet. Yeah, the EXRiders ride was there last weekend......me, rico, zingnut, frogburner, froggieboi, fearthisracer, 89gtcobra, couple others....you see the big blue horse trailer in the front parkin lot? That was us.
I live down 534 bout 2 1/2 miles, know where that road is? We should hook up and ride sometime, there are a couple little places round here to ride. Ill letcha know if I can go to TB next weekend. My friends are goin but its all if they invite me or not. You hs student, college? J/W, maybe we know some peeps that know both of us......never know.....haha, later. :cool: