PDA

View Full Version : boxer help

tp300ex
06-11-2004, 11:29 AM
im giting a boxer for my dad on fathers day but im still consernd about my outher dog she is only 5 ponds!!!and was wundering if eney one has had a boxer with a small dog like this i wont another girl to so it would be to two girl dogs the one i have rite now its a toy fox terrier but idk pleas help me:confused:

xr50layke
06-11-2004, 11:51 AM
get a boxer. name it ali ;)

tp300ex
06-11-2004, 11:59 AM
thanks i need info i have to git it this week i wont be home for fathers day

tp300ex
06-11-2004, 06:07 PM
omg pleas help me!!!!!!!

LTandRaptorider
06-11-2004, 06:45 PM
take your dog to a pet store that has a boxer, see how they interact.

WEEZIL
06-11-2004, 07:08 PM
Boxers are excellent dogs with other dogs. I have one. He is the best dog ever!

jlm996s
06-12-2004, 08:24 AM
I've got a male boxer and he plays kinda rough with all dogs, small or large. He doesn't mean to hurt them.....he's just playing. Our boxer doesn't mess with our 4 year old daughter at all though....she tugs and pulls on him and he just lays there. My best friend has a female boxer and they have a small puppy......the boxer doesn't bother it at all. If you just let them know that it's not ok to mess with the other dog, you should be fine....they are pretty intelegent animals.

Quadworks
06-12-2004, 01:08 PM
Go ahead and get the boxer. They are great dogs. When our female was about a year or so old my wife was doing daycare and one of the kids was a infant about 8 months old. The boxer would always be around her and the baby would pull on it and everything and the dog wouldn't do anything. As for other dogs as long as the boxer is a puppy it will grow up around the other dog and will get along great. Also our dog is still good around other dogs, it just wants to play with them. But the other dogs seem to get mad though. I would say get it the dogs will get used to each other. I wouldn't get any other breed of dog but a boxer, they are the best!

Hammer trx450r
06-12-2004, 01:09 PM
I have a 160 lb bull mastiff and a 12 lb pug and the pug is the boss

tp300ex
06-12-2004, 02:41 PM
how much would a 4 monthe old boxer way>?<

jlm996s
06-12-2004, 04:05 PM
I can't remember what Bosco weighed at 4 months.....probably around 30lbs. He's 11 months now and weighs around 60lbs.

Quadworks
06-12-2004, 06:47 PM
Ours is a female and also was the runt of the litter (also the breeders pick to keep until my wife seen her). She will be 3 next month and probably only weights around 50lbs at the most. Small for a boxer but perfect for in the house.

physcodad
06-12-2004, 07:35 PM
I've had two boxer cross dogs, one lab/boxer & the other pitbull/boxer.
Both were sweet natured around people although looked tough as hell, the lab got along fine with other dogs but the pit doesn't except the other dogs in our family.
both Boys had a smaller dog for a friend and neither had any enterers in being the boss.
Hope this helps!

blackraptor16
06-12-2004, 08:33 PM
honestly,
i don't think it has to do with the breed. it has to do with how the dog is raised. how it interacts with other dogs in general. for instance, i was working out in the field the other day (i do land surveying) and two dogs ran up to me out of no where - a pit bull and a rottweiler. they literally were the sweetest dogs i've ever met (except mine, of course). and my dog (a rottweiler) will interact great with any dog. not because she is a rottweiler - but because we had her play with puppies of all kinds when she was younger. same with kids.

hope this helps. good luck! boxers are sooooo cute! expecially when they are pups!!!

Natertot426ex
06-12-2004, 11:16 PM
Ya boxers are great. I had to put mine down a couple weeks ago but I am on a hunt for another one.

Quadworks
06-13-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by blackraptor16
honestly,
i don't think it has to do with the breed. it has to do with how the dog is raised. how it interacts with other dogs in general. for instance, i was working out in the field the other day (i do land surveying) and two dogs ran up to me out of no where - a pit bull and a rottweiler. they literally were the sweetest dogs i've ever met (except mine, of course). and my dog (a rottweiler) will interact great with any dog. not because she is a rottweiler - but because we had her play with puppies of all kinds when she was younger. same with kids.

hope this helps. good luck! boxers are sooooo cute! expecially when they are pups!!!

Yes that is a very good point that nobody has brought up yet! It all matters how they are raised.