PDA

View Full Version : sleep remedies?

derekhonda
06-11-2004, 03:45 AM
I have not been able to get a good nights sleep ever since school got out. I get this way every summer. Right now its 4:30 in the morning, and im not tired one bit. In fact, I dont think i have been to bed before 5 am the last three weeks. I could lay down, in a pitch black room at 10 pm, and i will (and have) just laid there for a couple hours on end til i decide that this sucks and i get up. Anyone got any remedies for this. Ive taken nyquil & tylenol pm....nothings worked yet.

Derek

06-11-2004, 05:09 AM
I had the the exact same thing about 2 summers ago. It was either because i was nervous about something or i didn't do enough activities that day.

xr50layke
06-11-2004, 06:34 AM
step one. lay down.

step two. close your eyes.

step three. think of naked chicks, quads, etc.

step four. continue step three for as long as required

;)

try some sleeping pills.

roostin_dale
06-11-2004, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by xr50layke
step three. think of naked chicks, quads, etc.

that will just get you hard..:eek2: :eek:

but seriously, i couldn't sleep all the time last summer. I just had to deal with it...

xr50layke
06-11-2004, 06:50 AM
same. always went to bed at 3 still wasnt tired. try going to sleep at 10 and getting up everyday at 6, its maybe because you dont use enough energy during your day.

southbeach14
06-11-2004, 07:01 AM
take some ambien:devil:

Woodsrider
06-11-2004, 07:59 AM
Move in with your G/F and put that extra energy to use. You'll sleep like a baby;)

derekhonda
06-11-2004, 08:44 AM
thats just the thing, im bailing hay this summer, while occasionally still hanging drywall. (and i do have a girlfriend and i did visit her last night :) :devil: ) so I stay real busy during the day. I just dont understand it

southbeach14
06-11-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Woodsrider
Move in with your G/F and put that extra energy to use. You'll sleep like a baby;)

moving in with girlfriend will cause more stress, that leads to less sleep.

southbeach14
06-11-2004, 08:58 AM
you need to buy some L- trytophan, its an amino acid that puts you right to sleep, you can buy it at www.beautynhealth.com (http://www.beautynhealth.com)

Jackie
06-11-2004, 09:06 AM
get a job working 1st shift. you'll be tired after working all day. and have money too!:)

southbeach14
06-11-2004, 09:14 AM
just pull your car in to your garage and start it, you will be sleeping in no time, the only bad part is you will wake up a little groggy thats if you wake up at all.

Sportrax10
06-11-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Jackie
get a job working 1st shift. you'll be tired after working all day. and have money too!:)

Woodsrider
06-11-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by southbeach14
moving in with girlfriend will cause more stress, that leads to less sleep.

This is true, but stess can lead to drinking, and drinking leads to passing out:D

southbeach14
06-11-2004, 09:51 AM
This is true, but stess can lead to drinking, and drinking leads to passing out:D

drinking can also lead to sleeping with fat chicks:eek:

dirtmomma
06-11-2004, 10:05 AM
drinking can also lead to sleeping with fat chicks:eek:

Hmmmm this almost sounds like it was posted out of experience :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek:

J/P ;)

HoNdAdude48
06-11-2004, 10:58 AM
lmao, bad beer goggles suck man. drinkings never the answer cuz you dont know who your gonna wake up next to the next morning. yes i am speaking out of experience, lol.

seriously, take some ambian or trazadone. that $hit will knock you out. or *uck it, just drink. lol

Punk'd
06-11-2004, 11:18 AM
You mite have that thing were you cant sleep because to much is on your mind? Do you think alot when your trying to sleep?

LTandRaptorider
06-11-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Punk'd
You mite have that thing were you cant sleep because to much is on your mind? Do you think alot when your trying to sleep?

ding ding! We have a winner! :D

southbeach14
06-11-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by HoNdAdude48
lmao, bad beer goggles suck man. drinkings never the answer cuz you dont know who your gonna wake up next to the next morning. yes i am speaking out of experience, lol.

seriously, take some ambian or trazadone. that $hit will knock you out. or *uck it, just drink. lol

did you feel like chewing your arm off to get out of there, how about the walk of shame?

wilkin250r
06-11-2004, 11:26 AM
You want to sleep like a baby? Stay awake at least 36 hours. Then, go to bed at 10pm, and set your alarm clock for 5am. GET UP at 5am, don't just go back to sleep. Do not take a nap during the day, and I guarentee you will be tired again by 10pm. You'll change your sleep habits within two days.

You'll probably drop about 5lbs at the same time, and most likely get the runs a day or two later, but you won't have trouble sleeping. :)

wilkin250r
06-11-2004, 11:28 AM
did you feel like chewing your arm off to get out of there, how about the walk of shame?

Isn't that known as "Coyote Syndrome"? Ever hear of the "Double Coyote Syndrome"?

southbeach14
06-11-2004, 11:30 AM
double got to be worst right? but what happends if they end up at your place???? how do you get rid of them???

wilkin250r
06-11-2004, 11:45 AM
If a Coyote is caught in a trap, it will chew it's own leg off to escape.

"Coyote Syndrome" is when you wake up in bed (after drinking the night before) next to an ugly chick, and she is sleeping on your arm. So rather than move your arm and wake her up, you chew it off so you can escape!

"Double Coyote Syndrome" is the same thing, only you also chew your other arm off, because you know that when she wakes up she'll come looking for a one-armed man!

wilkin250r
06-11-2004, 11:49 AM
but what happends if they end up at your place???? how do you get rid of them???

:eek2: :eek:

At your place?!? That's a bad idea. What if your girlfriend comes over and finds you in bed with an fat chick?

That's why you don't ever go back to your place.

southbeach14
06-11-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
:eek2: :eek:

At your place?!? That's a bad idea. What if your girlfriend comes over and finds you in bed with an fat chick?

That's why you don't ever go back to your place.

guess your right, i person could get shot over that i guess, i guess i will have to lock the gun case:confused:

Ryan
06-11-2004, 12:32 PM
Trazadone will do the trick.

AtvMxRider
06-11-2004, 01:34 PM
http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/atvmxrider/strokin.gif <---------Works for me:devil:

HoNdAdude48
06-11-2004, 01:59 PM

oh hell yea dude! that whole night sucked, then waking up next to an ugly chick to top it off. that set me back drinking for about 6 months. "the walk of shame"? more like the "2 weeks of shame" all i heard was, "hey man so did you knock her up?" damn that night sucked, but paybacks are a *****. ive already got most of my friends back for that $hit, i wait till they get wasted off their ***, and go find the ugliest fat chick at the party and tell her they want her, lmao its grrreeat!

HoNdAdude48
06-11-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Ryan
Trazadone will do the trick.

only problem with trazadone is that $**** gives you a HORRIBLE hangover, ambian is prolly the only thing worth it really.

southbeach14
06-11-2004, 02:24 PM
oh hell yea dude! that whole night sucked, then waking up next to an ugly chick to top it off. that set me back drinking for about 6 months. "the walk of shame"? more like the "2 weeks of shame" all i heard was, "hey man so did you knock her up?" damn that night sucked, but paybacks are a *****. ive already got most of my friends back for that $hit, i wait till they get wasted off their ***, and go find the ugliest fat chick at the party and tell her they want her, lmao its grrreeat!

walk of shame is when your leaving her bedroom walking through the living room and her kids are sitting watching cartoons and eating their lucky charms and they ask who are you? what were you doing in mommy's room????

LTandRaptorider
06-11-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/atvmxrider/strokin.gif <---------Works for me:devil:

yeah, me too... :o

When I want strange, I switch hands... :p

wilkin250r
06-11-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider

Would that be considered cheating on your girlfriend? :huh

2001400ex
06-11-2004, 03:13 PM

You could also try (I think I read this on this site) bringing your friends into a room before they pass out, or drag them in there if they're already passed out...kick them in the *** really hard, leave an open condom in the room and put some moisturizing lotion in it...then sit back and watch the show...I can't wait to do this...:devil:

Tommy 17
06-11-2004, 03:22 PM
get urself into a pattern...

every night i lay down on my left side... watch tv... roll over on my right to sleep... matter of seconds after i hit my right side i'm out like a light...

my body knows soon as i'm on my right side go to sleep... sounds crazy but it works...

just get down a pattern before u go to bed and do it EVERY night... eventually u'll be sleeping like a baby...

LTandRaptorider
06-11-2004, 03:40 PM
Would that be considered cheating on your girlfriend? :huh

Yeah, but one hand never knows what the other is doing... ;)

wilkin250r
06-11-2004, 04:21 PM

Not me, I never switch hands. I been using the same hand since I was 12 yrs old...

ShiftFMX
06-11-2004, 04:29 PM
Not me, I never switch hands. I been using the same hand since I was 12 yrs old...

lmao, thats a good one :D

Bubba
06-11-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17

every night i lay down on my left side... watch tv... roll over on my right to sleep... matter of seconds after i hit my right side i'm out like a light...

my body knows soon as i'm on my right side go to sleep... sounds crazy but it works...

just get down a pattern before u go to bed and do it EVERY night... eventually u'll be sleeping like a baby...

i'm exactly the same way

LTandRaptorider
06-11-2004, 05:22 PM

:D and that's about how my right arm looks... :p

Woodsrider
06-11-2004, 05:33 PM

:eek: I bet your Johnson leans to one side doesnt it?

xr50layke
06-11-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17

now that you actually say it...i lay on my left for about 2 minutes thinking its what i want, then im like no, i turn over, and im sleeping all night :huh

LTandRaptorider
06-11-2004, 06:48 PM
:eek: I bet your Johnson leans to one side doesnt it?

please, nobody ask for pics! :eek2:

man has this thread deviated from the topic! :p

Chanman420q
06-11-2004, 09:57 PM
this sounds mean, but i call my g/f

SRH
06-11-2004, 10:21 PM
one time i was using some weigh machine, and i got lift it up and pick it up fine right arm and my left was shaking and the bar was all crooked

good way to fall asleep is watch tv

JTRtrx250r
06-13-2004, 04:27 AM
walk of shame is when your leaving her bedroom walking through the living room and her kids are sitting watching cartoons and eating their lucky charms and they ask who are you? what were you doing in mommy's room???? LMFAO!!, Thats 1 of the worst feelings in the world:D... after 1 of the best haha

Cudaman:rolleyes: :D

I have sleeping probs myself, have for most of my life, its a real PITA. I get sleepy reading these forums..but by the time I get the lights shut off and in bed Im wide awake again:rolleyes: same if I have to get up to piss, ...even if I stand there w/ 1 eye closed lol:o :D

LTandRaptorider
06-13-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
LMFAO!!, Thats 1 of the worst feelings in the world:D... after 1 of the best haha

Cudaman:rolleyes: :D

I have sleeping probs myself, have for most of my life, its a real PITA. I get sleepy reading these forums..but by the time I get the lights shut off and in bed Im wide awake again:rolleyes: same if I have to get up to piss, ...even if I stand there w/ 1 eye closed lol:o :D

:D Don't it make it hard to piss with that 'one eye' closed? :p The feel of the cold water wakes me up again... :eek: :devil:

Punk'd
06-13-2004, 04:52 PM
This Thread Is Awesome Without Pictures!:devil:

JTRtrx250r
06-13-2004, 05:23 PM
:D Don't it make it hard to piss with that 'one eye' closed? :p The feel of the cold water wakes me up again... :eek: :devil: :D Not "that " eye :D , That cold water makes itself reel back in:eek2:

All dudes know what I mean w/ that "midnight/ morning irrigation syndrome", the 1 that makes you tell it.."No I cant stand on my head" while standing 1 eyed in front of the chitter and trying to maintain balance:rolleyes: :D I some times have a hard time getting back to sleep after an arguement:p

big-guy
06-13-2004, 07:46 PM
Benadryl. The strongest sleep aid (actually an antihistamine)available otc. same active ingredient as unisom, but about 1/4 the price. I take 4, an hour before bedtime, and am out cold for about 6 hours. Kinda like a whiskey induced nap, without the hangover. Start with 2 though, I have a bit of a tolerance...

450Racer
06-13-2004, 09:21 PM
counting sheep doesn't work i've got up to 5,000 and then had to get ready for school. i usually play solitare on my computer.

hot tubs are great...they drain your energy quick. either a hot tub or jump in the shower in super hot water for like 15 minutes, you'll be right out. i fell asleep in a hottub before, almost died. lol.