PDA

View Full Version : Start out mods???

SoUpX
06-11-2004, 12:00 AM
I'm planning on ordering some stuff for my 400ex
Latley were I ride it's been REALLY dusty so i think i'm gonna go with a UNI filter and outerwears lid. I also want the HMF Bill Balance full exhaust. I also an planning on using K&N oil filter with mobil 1 red cap, do these sound like good start out mods? I'll probably bu the filter and rig a lid up, and gut my exhaust for now, my question is what size Jet should i use for that, and then when i get the exhaust, what size jet for that? thanks and sorry about the rambling

2k2-300exnj
06-11-2004, 12:27 AM
u werent ramblin but guttin the exhaust wont do much just annoying noise....l and for an air filter with a semi open lid go up one on jetting and for a slip on another one and then a header another one and u should be ok

SoUpX
06-11-2004, 11:14 AM
well n/m about the gutting, I'll start with an air filter and modify the lid and go 1 jet up until i get exhaust... I'm not dieing for power that bad yet...

JIMFROMTEXCO
06-11-2004, 11:48 PM
on the stock silencer remove the end cap. i remeber a pipe shoot out a wile ago and it made like 5hp more with it out then before. the end cap would be the silver tip with the three bolts holdin it in

04'400ex'er
06-11-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by JIMFROMTEXCO
on the stock silencer remove the end cap. i remeber a pipe shoot out a wile ago and it made like 5hp more with it out then before. the end cap would be the silver tip with the three bolts holdin it in What shootout was this? Did the 400ex make 65 hp also? A sparks pipe makes 2 at most and with filter and jetting 3 at most. Removing the "end cap" just makes it louder.:rolleyes:

JIMFROMTEXCO
06-12-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by JIMFROMTEXCO
on the stock silencer remove the end cap. i remeber a pipe shoot out a wile ago and it made like 5hp more with it out then before. the end cap would be the silver tip with the three bolts holdin it in

notice how i said like? ya didnt think so. it was a while back prolly in 2001 or so ill dig threw my old atv mags and find it. i no it made more power then the dg slip on lol and a few others.

SoUpX
06-16-2004, 09:35 AM
You'd need to rejet for that wouldnt you?

INFANTRY RACING
06-16-2004, 09:18 PM
if you ride in really dusty terrain stick with a stock filter. reliabilty is as important as power. i run oil filters from car quest auto parts stores. they are about 5 bux. i run spectro oils. there cheap non synthetic last longer than any oil i have ran including mobile 1.

save your money for a cam and a pipe.

400exstud
06-17-2004, 11:37 AM
I really doubt that removing the end cap would make that much of a difference. In the dirt wheels pipe shootout in the March issue of 2001 there was a 400ex pipe shootout. The CT pipe made the most horsepower and it was only 1 more on peak than stock.:D

400-416EX
06-20-2004, 10:37 PM
Actually in the shootout the CT and the E-Series produced the same hp 27.9. The ct was 102 db and the E-series was 95. At the end the E-series won the shootout.