PDA

View Full Version : cr125 headlight

honda 400ex 69
06-10-2004, 10:44 PM
can i run the light off the engine or do i need a stator i have heard both answers and i was wondering what was right.

derekhonda
06-11-2004, 01:07 AM
If you are planning on riding a lot at night (and through the woods, i would hope you arent planning on jumping a dirtbike at night :rolleyes: ) I would suggest getting a more woods ready bike such as a kdx brand or a wr that already has a headlight. If you are just wanting this light as a one time thing or to use a couple times a year, ill let you in on my natural mcgyver instincts........ductape a flashlight on your front fender !

honda 400ex 69
06-11-2004, 04:58 PM
i already have the cr125 so i cant get the kdx or wr and i miss out on doing a lot of night trial riding since all my buddies have quads it sucks just sitting back at camp when they all go night riding and no i wouldnt be jumping at night that is scary i have tried it on my old 400

so back to my question can i just buy the head light from rockymountainatv.com which is made for dirt bikes or do i need that plus other parts such as a stator and or battery
thanks

LTandRaptorider
06-11-2004, 06:58 PM
You would need a lighting coil on the stator, I don't know if you can do that on the cr. It only has an ignition coil on it. Do a saerch for ricky stator web site, don't know what it is off-hand...

TGW_400ex
06-12-2004, 09:49 AM
I don't think riding a 125 in the woods at night is a good thing n e ways

UglyMotha™
06-12-2004, 09:55 AM
bucha girls :huh

"it's too scarey to rida a bike at night" grow some balls or something :rolleyes:

i've seen lights on cr's before your best bet would be to check with ricky stator as stated already

hondafox440
06-12-2004, 03:38 PM
Flashlight and duct tape.

Pvt. Maggot
06-12-2004, 04:18 PM
i don't get why every time someone asks a question about the bike they already have people say to get a new bike?....well maybe they like there bike and don't have a way to pay for a new one...yes crs can have headlights i forget exactly what you have to do but i know it can be done...check with stator and see why wouldn't riding a 125 at night be a good thing? just wondering...good luck with the headlight :)

derekhonda
06-12-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Pvt. Maggot
i don't get why every time someone asks a question about the bike they already have people say to get a new bike?....well maybe they like there bike and don't have a way to pay for a new one...yes crs can have headlights i forget exactly what you have to do but i know it can be done...check with stator and see why wouldn't riding a 125 at night be a good thing? just wondering...good luck with the headlight :)

Well to be honest, the reason is bikes are more designed to do one thing. You have mx bikes, and you have enduro bikes. sure you can cross them and do whichever type of riding youd like, but in the end, if you do more woods riding then anything, it makes sense to get a woods bike and not an mx bike.