PDA

View Full Version : 400ex seat latch

derek07
06-10-2004, 07:37 PM
need to know how to reinstall the seat latch assembly. cant figure out how to put the spring back in mainly. any help greatly appreciated

400ex2072
06-11-2004, 07:10 PM
The stock seat latch blows.... I would spring for a racing seat latch assembly. Rath makes a great one that uses a pull pin like a grenade and will never fall out or come loose. OMF makes a good one too but it uses a different design. The rath is what I am using now and my seat stays tight all day every day even under brutal MX abuse. Just stick the seat on, put the pin through the hole, and flip up the lock, and you are set!!! Baldwin has them and im sure you could get one from rath direct too. I know this doesnt answer your question, but that is what I would do if you got the cash. The stock one will eventually fail and is a pain in the ***.

TC426EX
06-11-2004, 07:23 PM
I agree with 2072, get the Rath, I use it and love it!! The stock one is JUNK and hes right, it WILL eventually fail...

2072, I see you are from cleveland too, congratulations on your first post, where do you ride? Do you race?

400ex2072
06-11-2004, 07:53 PM
yeah, I race 4 stroke C class in D12. Your name is Paul, hmmm, I think I might have seen you before. You race B class now right? This is my first post, but Ive been on here looking for a while. I think I saw your bike posted somewhere on here, the blue Nac's bike right? I definitely think I saw you at Spring Valley and Scenic Highlands, and maybe Malvern. I got the orange fullbore plastic with the Skin Graphics, maybe youve seen me? You're fast man, if youre who I think you are, we should hook up and practice together. My name is Nate by the way, Ill send you a PM with my info. Do you clear the Jaw Breaker? I heard that is the jump Shane Hitt broke his ankles on, just wondering since I ride there all the time. Let me know if you want to get together and practice, I usually go to Outlaw Extreme for practice every week and a couple private tracks. PM me back and let me know.

400ex28
06-11-2004, 10:46 PM
yeah man go with the rath the stock one just isnt good enuf mine used to always fall off during races and that sucks