PDA

View Full Version : 400ex problems

r-exrider0003
06-10-2004, 06:14 PM
Okay heres the story, me and my 2 friends were riding on the road, I was on a 400ex w/ a w-b pro meg,one of my friends had a raptor with w-b pro meg, and the other had a 400ex with a w-b s bend....well the raptor got ahead of me and my other buddy, then we tured on to a straight away and the 400 was trying to pass me then his just dies....so i go back to see what happend...he didnt know, we pulled out the oil dipstick and a bunch of smoke rolled out....it wouldnt start so me and the raptor kid went to get a rope but by the time we found one he had already rode it back...he said it would barly run, and only had like 1/3 of the power it had befor....well later he added oil like a quart or so... and it started running like normal but it would smoke like a fright train...a few days later his mom stopd by a cycle shop and told them what happind and they sayed that it was probably the rings, and it would cost anywhere from $500 to $1000....is that right? it sounds high i thoght Thanks for any help

Goat397
06-10-2004, 06:44 PM
way high!!