PDA

View Full Version : more topend

fearthis_450r
06-10-2004, 02:04 PM
I was just wondering what are some of the best ways to gain on topend? My 450 is stock right now but i am going to install a sparks full system on it sometime soon and i heard that will help my bottom end a lot and i was just wondering what would be some of the best ways to gain more on my topend. I was thinking hotcam or sparks but i heard sparks is more for bottom end. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks

06-10-2004, 02:05 PM
i wonder this too...i want more topend without losing bottom end

450Racer
06-10-2004, 02:34 PM
if you've noticed riding your 450, coming out of corners it bogs? the low end is very weak stock. i was all like "i need so much more topend in this" but i got a Bill Balance Series HMF and it gave it TONS of torque (lowend and midrange) thats what you need most for racing. it has plenty of topend too. the torque curve start to drop around 8,000 rpm. it has a wicked midrange, super strong through 4-7g rpm. when you rejet and the pipe is on, they claim 8 horsepower gain in midrange. this pipe sounds sweet too! it's 280 for the slip on. you won't need to run this pipe at high rpm to get the power, and you can short shift without bogging.

fearthis_450r
06-10-2004, 03:01 PM
I was thinking about that pipe as well but i really like the sparks pipe as well. Do you have the full system or just the slip on? Money isnt any problem too me and i want as much power gain as possible so should i go with the full system or is it not worth the extra money? And if you know for sure what does your 450 top out out? I'm just curious about that. Also on a scale from 1-10 what would you rate the bb series pipe? Thanks a bunch.

TRX450R014
06-10-2004, 08:23 PM
In my opinion you should get the hrc kit and a pipe.I have both and the power compared to stock is unbelievable.The cam that comes with the hrc kit is more agressive than hot cams stage 2 and makes great top end.I have the HMF BB slip-on too and it is a great pipe.hope this helps.

rap169
06-10-2004, 10:22 PM
In my opinion you should get the hrc kit and a pipe.I have both and the power compared to stock is unbelievable.The cam that comes with the hrc kit is more agressive than hot cams stage 2 and makes great top end.I have the HMF BB slip-on too and it is a great pipe.hope this helps

how is the torque with this setup? I had a stock machine that was lacking some bottom end. I bought the hmf complete system, and it gave tons of power down low, which i like, but it seemed as though i reach the rpm limit too fast now. So im gonna cam it to get more top end. What is this setup like for you? Can you lug around with enough torque? Or does it runlike it did stock and have very little bottom end but alot of mid range and top?

sparky450AR
06-10-2004, 10:46 PM
Does anyone have a picture of there R with the ballance series pipe?